Monday, January 22, 2007

Jomanian Directive (Second Part)

I immediately left Government the moment I confirmed to his invitation to hang out in his place. While the cab speeds toward the backstreets of Mandaluyong, I am already bracing myself for everything that could happen if things become very relaxed between us.

It is cold and cloudy when I arrived at Wendy's Boni Avenue corner Edsa. He told me to wait for him there since his place is just nearby. As I waited for him, different scenarios ranging from the very distant and formal to the most kinky and intimate formed inside my mind. There were scenes involving two very drunk guys making out, there was also a scene where I would just get away and avert "tension" by pretending to be a screaming effem and use gayspeak so long as I am in his place. I could also adopt a very formal and serious demeanor just to imply to him that my business is simply to have a drinking session and nothing more.

He arrived 20 minutes after I reached the place of meet up.

---

The journey from Edsa to his place already shows how he wishes to get chummies with me. While at the tricycle he keeps on thanking me for accepting his invitation to go to his place. He even showed his gratitude by snuggling the side of his face on my back. For the past three months that we've been exchanging messages before our fated meet up, I have always assumed that he's a masculine person. I even called him twice just to assess if my impressions are correct.

However, as the final hour of the meet up came, I felt that his relaxed state changed him significantly. Instead of being formal and masculine, like what he showed me during our conversations before, I felt a slight tinge of campiness in his voice. His actions and facial expressions also showed how wrong I was with my assumptions. This slight change of personality disappointed me a little when we finally saw each other. It appears that I have already formed my expectations even before I could finally grasp his entire personality.

So despite his obvious touchy moves and over-enthusiastic approach towards me, I decided to be formal and serious with my approach. After all, when we exchanged SMS messages, we're always formal to one another. Mabuti na yung ganito, at least he would have a hard time breaking my defenses if his objectives are the ones that I've been expecting all along.
---

"Di bale, bahala na." I said to myself as I entered the gate where his tiny studio-type apartment is located. Climbing the stairs and into the long, narrow unlit corridor that leads to a small door at the end, the brief uneventful walk reminds me of the handful of places I have been to before. It's like everytime I go to an unfamiliar territory with an unfamiliar person, my mind tells me that the sole purpose of my presence would be to wage "war." Years after I exchanged my former life to a more settled one, the notion of Homecourt Advantage* hasn't left my thoughts yet.

This is why, one of the reasons for accepting his invitation is to prove that the homecourt advantage principle doesn't apply all the time. Despite my preparations for a possible sexual showdown when things begin to loosen up between us, I still hope to emerge out of his place unscathed.

He opens the door of his room and the first thing that greeted me is the strong scent of damp air circulating inside his small nook. His room is so tiny that only a sofa bed, a ten-inch television set and a closet could fit inside. In fact, looking at my own room while writing this entry, I think mine is bigger than his entire pad. However, in fairness to its size, his home's location is an ideal for an artist like him. Far way from the hustle and bustle of the main road, I am certain that blissfulness is what compels him to stay there despite how cramp the place is.

He chose not to turn on the main lights when we settled down. Instead, we chilled out with only the lampshade to illuminate us and swing our mood. In turns out that before I arrived, he was having a DVD Marathon of Queer As Folk.

It's the season where the main story arc and subject of the story is all about man to man sex.

And we will watch the entire season just the two of us.

---

-tobecontinued-


*Homecourt Advantage - The PLU host has the right to do everything he wishes, even if it means doing something sexual to his PLU guest. A guest may turn down his advances, but it means leaving the place immediately, or much better, ignore his invitation in the first place if he's not open to possibilities.

No comments: