Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bunny Interludes Twenty Four

The efforts of ten months, gone in just the month of January.

Blame the holidays for it, but the long and slow move from my old gym in Recto to the much publicized Eclipse Gym that will open another branch somewhere in the east this mid-February earned me the horrible flabs I've been carrying on my sides again lately.

No wonder, I stopped being vain and uber-confident with myself.

- Bunny Interludes Fifteen (Panic House Remix 1)


---

Everything was like a deja-vu of last year.

I remember, it was days after the Christmas break. I decided to stop working-out in anticipation of the endless freeding frenzy that would happen during the holidays. I felt that things would go to waste if I continued my back-breaking effors to shed weight knowing that it would be replaced by some heaving calories after the meals were over.

Besides, in those days, I was waiting for the much-promoted opening of the Eclipse Gym near my office. Who would ever thought that it would still take months before the first Treadmill and the first Olympic Bar would be installed in that wretched gym.

The long weeks waiting had left my eating habits unchecked. My weight had gone haywire by March and the efforts I made in ten months had been completely obliterated from my body. I became flab again; almost horrendously disfigured in some angles, and the ego I maintained during those ten months I've been working-out in a gym somewhere in Recto had been crushed beyond redemption.

It would take another three months before I could redeem even just a portion of the pride I once had.

A year later the same mistake almost happened again.

Same situation. Christmas break was fast approaching. I felt that working-out would be devastatingly useless knowing that I'd engorged myself in endless food and beer-drinking frenzy for two weeks during the holidays. My last weight count was around 175 lbs.

It was the lowest I have in around five years.

I thought it was okay to give myself a break, knowing that I deserve some rest after a ten-month back breaking action had turned me from a flabby to a half-hunky person. I say half-hunky because the flabs, which retreated from my shoulders and back had settled and entrenched themselves around my chest and tummy. These skin excesses hide themselves whenever I stretched my body. However, the moment I slouched again, they would appear with impunity disappointing all the hard work I've made in hopes of eradicating them forever.

One thing I discovered when one is hooked up with the gym is that a slight deviation from the routine (like stopping for around ten days) would send a one's confidence down the drain. When my friend XP (the only guy who openly encouraged me to work out and reinvent myself throught my gym efforts) complained of being jubesity (Despite spending 3 hours in the gym that same day), I could not understand what his worries were. For me, I don't see any significant changes on his figure even if he claimed that a four-day rest period had left him with another 5 pounds to shed.

Now that I am on his shoes, and feels how my days of procastinating left me feeling bloated and flabby, the panic begins to encroach my thoughts.

Suddenly, I saw myself as someone half as the person I used to be.

This evening, I decided to strike back and return to the gym. My thoughts were clouded with doubts, especially with regards to my capacity to lift the same weights I used as a warm-up exercise. But I insisted that once I back-out tonight, there might be a possibility that a brief hiatus would extend up to early summer.

Such delay would most certainly leave me back to square one again...

Like what happened last year.

So with an expanded waistline, a sagging chest and a severely weakened arms, I began to defy gravity by lifting weights half my weight. From benchpresses, to squats and dynamic rows, I struggled to reclaim the strength I once had - when I was driven by my desire to achieve 160 pounds before the year ends.

Unfortunately, I never reached my goal.

But as a beginner's luck, I have high hopes that I may finally get what I'm aiming for this year. The program, which was designed to increase my metabolism significantly appears to be working. Beating my conservative assessments of a ten-pound increase in weight. The scale revealed a two-pound gain this Christmas Break.

If and ever I'd get serious with my workout and diet until summer, there is a huge possibility that I might be sporting a flatter tummy come the beach days begin.

---


Sa pag-gygym ko ngayon, target ko lang naman ang maging malapad pero mapayat ang katawan eh. Gusto ko lang na kapag tumingin ako sa salamin, walang beelbeel at tiyan na tatambad sa harap ko.

Wish ko lang na kapag tumingin ako sa salamin habang nakasuot ng white tank top, ako mismo eh mababakla sa sarili ko.

Hindi ko na bet magkaroon ng sixpacks o kaya pang-model modelan na katawan

Sapat na sakin ma-achieve ang pinaka-minimum objectives ko.

Pero who knows...

- Hopes Of Becoming A Super Gym Buddy, August 31, 2005

No comments: