Friday, February 27, 2004

The Self-Destruct Night (Second Part)

And there I was, at James' party. A lot of ODDERs came and when I saw Stolich at one corner, I immediately hugged him to say how I missed his company. You see, Stolich recently came from a heartbreak, I witnessed everything, as his story unfolded in front of me. It really devastated me to see him and my friend having a fallout. And FYI, it wasn't Stolich's fault. I believe in this guy's vision of a relationship and to see it being destroyed overnight... My God, it's so unspeakable.

They were just starting to make tagay when I arrived. After 45 minutes, the rest came. It was such a typical gathering - seeing half of the guys present being pinned in front of the TV watching a QAF episode... (this time, they were watching American Idols.) the rest having a chit-chat with one another.

So there, when everyone arrived, the party officially began. James played the Buddha Bar CD and everyone, particularly Mango79 was dancing. We've spent almost an hour and a half debating on what Henry's new image would look like... you see, the guys have this thing for Queer Eye For A Straight Guy sitcom, however this time it's also a queer guy they're trying to have a complete and top-level makeover.

---

After giving hints on what Henry has to change in his image, we had a talk on the veranda about him and Marlon. Once again I told him that it would be very difficult to move on and that the chances of becoming lovers again are very high. I pointed out my experience with my first lover, when in fact I was making waves during our first month of break up, then suddenly the rush to make peace and try to build what was lost came two months after. I told Henry that during those times, I was really short of asking him to come back into my life, but since my ex clearly pointed out to me that we were finished, I was left sourgraping and longing for the memories we had in our relationship - despite the bitterness and the traumatic experience I had with him.

The whole month of April I was talking about my ex. I missed him, and I was hoping we could be together again. What broke off the cycle was an unexpected eyeball, which at first I thought would be a friend-material only. Hindi ko talaga siya type eh, and besides he's so jologs and small for me. Guess what, after the rain that poured down that night; after the hot and raunchy popoy (sex) we had at the motmot (motel) we entered into a relationship a week after. The guy I'm talking here is none other than Phanks.

I told those things to Henry, hoping that he could just simply forget Marlon, save his dignity and pride, and find a new guy who would take his ex-bud's place and out of his system.

---

The party goes on. By 1 am, Roy, Henry, and Meng-Meng informed us that they were leaving. The booze however kept on flowing that by 2 am, everyone is obviously drunk.

The guy who was obviously hit by the Gin Pom was Liquid Dreamer. If I knew that he had this weak tolerance for booze, I would have told James to limit the tagay to him. So there he was, talking to every guy around. Kugel and another guy were doing PDA on the other side of the room. (considering that they've always denied their feelings for each other, claiming that they are only friends and are dating other guys) the mere fact they were hugging and kissing each other only meant one thing... they we hiding their feelings from us.

It's obviously known to everyone that they watched a movie together, hung out in different places together, and probably talked about the possibility of life involving one another. When someone told me that they kissed at BED last week (considering that Kugel doesn't do a stan (random kisses), that's something, and that something is big!

So hayun, we just left them doing their PDA in one corner. For me, at least I'm quite happy knowing that they're building something together. I just hope that they would not destroy themselves (and their friendship) in the future. If ever they become buddies one day, I can assure them that the support of the group would be poured out into them and their blooming relationship.

---

Eventually, I became already drunk as well. I started hugging everyone, which in my sane self would never do such a thing. I was clinging on to Bes, since I can't even stand on my own feet. I don't know what the others were doing (aside from sleeping or having PDAs) but I'm fairly sure that they don't exceed their limits.

While watching some of them self-destruct, a moment came when Nate and I had a chance to talk about his guy. Since he asked me the juicy bits I've been keeping out from him about the guy and my ex-schoolmate, I told him the whole story and how his guy broke my ex-schoolmate's heart after dating him for quite some time already, which also coincided with their time.

What started as a mere exchange of information about the guy lead to other bigger things. The conversation allowed me to see a different and deeper image of Nate, which I've never had the chance to peek at before...

No comments: