Sunday, February 29, 2004

Blog Addict

Kirsh got a blog too! That Japanese-looking kid who I met almost two years ago in UP Sunken Garden announced today that he's keeping a journal as well. Actually, If someone would ask me to enumerate my most memorable solo meet-ups (eyeballs) in the past, the Kirsh eyeball would be included in my top 5.

Although I could share some stories about me and Marv, I think it would be best left for some other time.

His announcement only proves that the blog fever has already swept most of ODDERspace and that activities in the message board have slowed tremendously after some of us migrated here.

This reminded me of Meng-Meng's post in PEx sometime ago.


"ygroups and blogs

looks like PEX is taking the backseat.

are we jumping ship?

even our most prolific odder trip ain't posting.

I don't blame the guys. things are a bit slower here.

I'M GOIN' BACK TO THE NOOK!:"


I understand how Meng-Meng felt... for it is the same feeling I've been harboring before I created my own blog.

You see, I have this untreatable fear of being left out. Actually, I've been thinking what if the day would come when I am the only one talking to myself in the thread while the rest are either talking in their blogs or in the chatrooms or in the YG... the silence would surely terrify me. I think it would be better to talk to myself now, rather than be left talking alone in a big room that used to be filled with voices other than mine.

Besides, I've known long before how free it is to say everything in your journal. After all, it's my own space and no one can tell me what to write or what not to write here. That is why I was quite hesitant at first to use this piece of technology. I know, I may never come out of this place anymore.

But things change and priorities change. Surely when the mad rush is over, people would start talking where they could expect a response. People (who are not aware of my presence here) would still continue to post in the thread, sharing their fears and sentiments there (which I would surely take time to respond to.)

In the long course of time, one by one, we might abandon this space for the sake of the previous one we have. The blog is like a little "secret" sanctuary where you can express everything without many people noticing them. Someday, they would understand. Someday, they would have the urge to talk back to a real person, rather than talk to themselves.

Don't worry Meng-Meng... That's why I shared my link so that everything we experience as very close friends would have a far clearer picture here. I would have the freedom to say everything, which I would think twice about writing or expressing on the message boards.

---

Phanks was crying when I talked to him this evening.

He is complaining about being caught in the middle of a conflict and trying to change a system in which everyone's rising against him.

I told him that if he couldn't take how the system works in his family, he should make a stand by leaving them and their messy lives - bringing along those who still believe him. If he really wants some changes, then he should start the changes in him first.

I'm not sure if he will take my advice seriously. However, if he decides to run away and build his own life... I would surely have a problem.

It's either we outrightly build a home together, or I would have to make a thousand alibis to my mother in order to allow him to temporarily continue his daily routine in our home, which could pose a very huge problem as well.

I wish he could resolve it in a better way. Although I'm prepared to take him financially - supporting him along the way; emotionally, I'm not so sure if I could do the James-Koppy version of couplehood.

Anyway, I will just have to monitor the events happening in his life. Hopefully, his elder sister would have more sound advice as to what he must do in order to avert such chaos, which is already looming in his family. Whatever happens, I should be there to catch him if he falls. I should be the one to grab him first before he gets into more trouble.

No comments: