Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Firewall

As pulsar puts more pressure on you to pull back from the freefall while darkstar remains silent and ambivalent toward your actions that lead to this point of no return; as mugen continues his blissful drowning that began as a night-long wet dream, how would you hold yourself together and stop from completely disintegrating?

- Me to myself


---

By all feats of reason, strong bonding emotions could never be dealt so easily. I don't know who to blame, it was after all not my first strike. The homeward journey inside the cab, the grabbing of hand, the firm, forceful pressure in the crotch - it was his doing. I am just a mere willing responder to the first salvos he made.

Reason tells that I should put a strong wall between me and him. But how could you put a divider in a friendship that spun into something unexpected? How did I deal this conflict before? I just burned it to the ground - until its ashes could never be identified anymore.

But would it be possible to do such difficult feat again, knowing that inherently, I am a weak person? Perhaps... so long as this is just a conflict within me, there would never be any problems. But what if the response came from him? How would I deal such a bulls-eye strike?

My hopes now fall on a three-day absence forced by the natural order of things. By the time I return, the burning, would have been lessened by possible changes that may happen in the coming days. As a last ditch attempt, the resumption of the "bunny chasing" would begin in a few weeks. By then, my time would again be divided into four - work, family, school and gym. The partner doesn't demand so much time anyway so it wouldn't be a problem.

As the firestorm within me continues to burn, I don't have any choice but to bow down to my secret feelings. To be very honest about my state of existence, no matter how I masterfully deny it; No matter how I deceivingly pretend not to be affected by such lingering feelings for him. With all my humanity and strength, the truth is,

I am attached already.

And not matter what I do, the sinking into the pit continues.

Yes... I am sinking into the pit. It isn't a dream anymore and it's not a nightmare either.


---

I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds

- Regina Spektor, Fidelity


No comments: