Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Floor Filler (Just Thinking Out Aloud Sessions Four)

Pulsar: (Interviewer) Let's take a break and get mababaw for a change.

So how's your life Joms?

Joms: Well, I have a flu. My nose has been runny for the past three days now. I thought I'm gonna collapse yesterday at work because of my very weak condition.

Pulsar: Have you ever thought of requesting to go on a half day?

Joms: Yeah, but it's already noon when I realized that my body could not take it anymore. Besides, I'm looking forward to having that long blissful stroll with P-man going to the jeepney stop.

Pulsar: I see, you should take care of your health too. So how's you and him lately?

Joms: We're friends.

Pulsar: Are you really sure? A trusted source told us that you've been waiting for his text message at night. Is this true?

Joms: No. Next question please.

Pulsar: Ok then, so what keeps you busy lately.

Joms: Uhm, school, tons of write-ups that needs revision; sleep. I need lots and lots of it; and lastly I'm hooked-up to Sims 2: Seasons.

Pulsar: That's great. So tell us about this new game that keeps you busy after work?

Joms: It's a simulation game where a player like me could manage the affairs of a simulated person which is the Sim. You can arrange his home, buy him expensive furniture, let your Sim have relationships (even with the same gender), help him work his way up the career ladder, even build him a family. Basically his life depends on you. What's exciting about this new sequel is that weather has been added to the game.

Pulsar: That's interesting. Sounds like when you play it, you don't need to go out and hang out with friends anymore?

Joms: That's the downside Pulsar. In fact, I'm so dependent on my computer, socializing and going outside has become the least of my priorities.

Pulsar: Isn't that scary? I mean, don't you feel lonely sometimes?

Joms: The previous entries will give you an idea about what's on my mind lately.

Pulsar: Well I hope that things would get better on your side.

Joms: Thanks, do you have some other questions?

Pulsar: Can we talk about your lovelife?

Joms: Pass...

Darkstar: How about sexlife?

Joms: Who the hell is that?

Pulsar: Sorry, I think that guy's just a bystander.

Joms: Pass again.

Pulsar: Well, I guess this would be the end of our interview. Can you share to us some of your plans in the coming weeks?

Joms: First, I would like to return to the gym. That's my priority. However, it seems like I still have to wait for a month before Eclipse opens their branch in Shaw. Another priority is a major upgrade of my personal computer. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to take such undertaking. Lastly, I'm thinking of enrolling to an English class this summer. It worries me that the first thing the panel notices whenever my essay is being work shopped is my grammar. If I am serious in finishing this masters' project, I have to work hard to improve my standing in that department.

Pulsar: Thanks for your time Joms. Isn't it so nice that we could talk about these things between serious entries? We look forward to having another filler post like this one in the future. We wish for your immediate recovery.

Joms: Thanks and you're welcome. Until then mister interviewer.



No comments: