Friday, March 2, 2007

The Cruelties Of Hook-Ups

Palawan 2, Cubao Quezon City:

---

Guy: Labas Tayo

Me: Ok.

Sa labas... small talk.

Guy: San tayo

Me: Ah eh.

Darkstar: Fuck ka naman joms, patay malisya ka pa eh.

Guy: Gusto mo mag-check in. (whispering)


I suddenly realized that we're steps away from an apartelle

Me: Smiling... wala akong pera tol eh.

Guy: Sagot ko

Darkstar: Kumagat ka na, I'm horny dude.

Pulsar: Horny rin ako, pero wag yan.

Darkstar: Sige na, maganda naman ang katawan, diba tinitigan mo nung naghubad ng shirt sa taas?

Mugen: Pwede nang ulam, moreno nga lang. Ahe.

Pulsar: Wag yan, effem yan.

Darkstar: Ayaw mo niyan, for a change ikaw ang isusuck, malay mo bottom pa.

Mugen: Argh...

Guy: Ano dude. Ako na bahala sayo.

Darkstar: Tanungin mo kung top o bottom

Pulsar: Bottom yan. 100% ako sure. Nangangamoy kasi eh.

Mugen: Horny nga rin ako eh. Libre pa...

Pulsar: Ayaw. jakol ka na lang pag-uwi.

Darkstar: Wag ka na maarte. Palay na ang lumalapit sa manok o? Yaw mo nun.

Pulsar: Pasok tayo sa loob. Maraming cute dun.

Darkstar: Huh, sige na nga.

Me: Pass muna ako dude, pasensya na. (kahit pwede ka na.)


---

Obviously, the guy was devastated. He even can't say his name when I finally introduced myself as I left to go back inside the club. This lesson, which I sacredly followed ever since I began getting hook ups at bars taught me never to strike first and let the other party do the bidding. A hook-up rejection is something I still consider a very humiliating and ego crashing experience. I'd rather not approach someone, especially if I know that my chances are slim, despite the far possibilities of getting the prize through cool approach and unsuggestive conversation.

I immediately left the place the moment I got out of his net. Good thing, he never persisted or followed me inside because either he would be further humiliated or, I might overturn my initial decision.

If there's any realization I've got from my three-bar expedition tonight, it's that the rules of the flirting game - whether it's in the high end places like Government and Bed, or in the far end ones such as Palawan 2 and many others, never changes.

It's either you allow yourself to bite someone's bait, or you stand your ground - resisting even the slightest provocation from someone that will trigger the naughty side of you.

Back at Mister Piggy's a long time ago, I have a couple of casuals that started this way. Almost all of them were born out of desperation - the need to belong to someone even for a few hours or minutes just to me feel better. At Palawan last night, the same longing feeling emerges as I soon discover that everyone's partnering up around me. But times have changed. I know what I want now, and I'm more capable of controlling myself - even when my human need weakens my ability to reason my actions.

The guy, hopefully, have found a better alternative when I left. As for me, at least I'm happy that somehow, despite the tension, I managed to get out and return home in one piece.

Besides, all my academic objectives have been met. I'd just be counting hours before I begin writing what I saw in my bar tour. Such feat, especially since I've done this alone deserves a sanctified ending.

---

Darkstar: Paano kung yung katabing trip mo ang nag-aya sayo sa motel, kakagat ka ba o aatras.

Pulsar: Isipin mo na lang callboy yun. Hihiga lang yun at mag-eexpect na ikaw ang magtratrabaho. Walang kiss at hug daw.

Darkstar: Pasira ka talaga ng diskarte!

Pulsar: Shempre, naka-iskor ka na eh, kelangan ko naman bumawi.

Mugen: Siguro nga, mas masisikmura ko pang magtrabaho para sa kanya,* kesa naman sa iba na wala akong attachments whatsoever.

Mugen: Tsaka at least sa kanya, matapos ang lahat, matutulog kang may yayakap at lalambing sayo. Sa iba, pagkatapos ng putukan, uwian na.




---

* Punks

No comments: