Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Massage To Remember

It all began with a tight hug. I was experiencing some violent chills and he felt that my whole body was burning. He rose up and told me to move at the other side of the bed. He then laid back placing himself between me and the wheezing electric fan.

I told him that I am alright. The fever will soon dissipate and he should just sleep instead of worrying about me. But he was stubborn and restless; he rose up, went outside the room and then after a few minutes, returned with a huge mug of water.

"Drink this," he said.

Unable to stand up, he assisted me by placing his hand on my back and then gently pulled me up. I drank only a tiny portion of the water since my throat hurts. As I began to cough badly, the rain outside started to pour like there's no tomorrow. The skies were as dark as coal but his presence made me feel that despite the bad weather and the foul illness,

Everything was sunny and clear around me.

---

He then told me to lie down.

A few seconds later, he dabbed a finger-full of Vicks Vaporub on my aching back. His hands began to move gently, squeezing every muscle sore that I felt. He was like a seasoned masseur, except that he was never a stranger. From my back, he worked his way towards my hips, then on my shoulders, my chest and my biceps until his soft hands clasped my hands and pulled my fingers until it popped. Occasionally he would kiss a part of my body, as if telling that part of the skin he kissed that everything will be alright.

When his massage was finished. I held his hand and I told him that of all the parts of my body he squeezed, he missed one part that sought his massage most:

My front...

---

If there is one bright moment in my life I felt my buddy the most, I consider this morning's intimate consummation one of them. I complain all the time that I am the one exerting more efforts to make my presence felt.

But when his hands squeezed my back and when I saw his worried eyes looked at me while I chilled in a fetal position because of a high fever; When his arms wrapped itself around my torso just to provide me with extra warmth, and his deep slow thrusts made me feel his entirety inside me,

He was there with me and his heartwarming presence ensures that no matter how many troubles and rebellions I wage against him, he will forever remain irreplaceable.

Today will go down in my history as the day my month-long, self-imposed domesticity was validated and reinforced by my buddy.

No comments: