Saturday, September 8, 2007

Dream Journals Eleven

Science tells us that there is an explanation for everything. Dreams, which falls under the category of mysticism is outrightly explained as a subconscious working of the brain. However, what if there are certain dreams that defy all logical explanation? What if the person involved in the dream conveyed some gestures and actions, which one's brain and subconscious thoughts may never claim as theirs?

The excerpts below reveal that death is not the end of everything; It is, like what the ancient mystics say, the beginning of something, science has never explored yet.


---

It was almost sundown, the tropa gathered in front of the Our Lady Of The Abandoned Church in Marikina for a mini-reunion. Then he showed up, standing beside the street. He was gleeful and in a happy mood. Strangely, the nostalgic feeling of being in the college creeps back to me. I don't remember how the meeting went, for most of the details were gradually lost after the waking consciousness. What I remember however is that I apologized to him for not showing up last night. He was quite displeased, but knowing him when he was still alive, he would not take things seriously. I even remember trying to shove him towards the bangketa because a jeep suddenly passed by, only to realize that he is not there anymore.

"honga pala pare multo ka na."

The dream ends after I asked him if he "sees wanderers like him." His mood suddenly turned serious and gloomy. As he stared in blank space, he nodded to me as a sign of acceptance. From the looks of it, he knows, he is not of this world anymore.

When I woke up, I was already thirty minutes late for work.

No comments: