Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Return Of The Butterfly (Second Part)

Unlike the previous birthday parties Kirsh had, this one was different for one single reason: His partner Chris, invited his girl bestfriend to a gathering attended exclusively by homosexuals. She was literally the odd one out and despite her being a female, he blended well with us for she had this babaeng-bakla attitude which appealed to everyone.

The whole night she would shout "taena pag nalasing ako dito magsasayaw ako sa ibabaw ng table!!" and the guys would respond "sige magsayaw ka diyan para namang may titigasan sayo" to a raucous of laughter. Dennis-Bench would then make a segway volunteering himself as the judge who would see who really gets a boner, to a raucous of more laughter. The girl was both funny and friendly, and when she did start dancing to the beat of Benny Benassi's I Love My Sex, everyone cheered on her and teased her to take her clothes off.

Last night, she became the life of the party. She would go around and talk to everyone as if she's one of the boys. I would never forget that one time she related to us how she bought her straight guy date at BED simply to give him the shock of his life.

Because in the end, the guy he bought there was "converted" less than six months after he felt how to be one with the gay crowd.

In fairness to her, even if it was the first time we met, I already liked her bubbly personality. Unfortunately, it might be the last time we see each other for a long time. I overheard in one of her conversations that once she gets hired in her new job, she will be assigned in the provinces to oversee her company's construction projects there.

Later that night, when every couple was at the brink of making-out in front of others, she became the tanggera of the inuman. Together with Rico, who appeared less stressed and haggard compared to the last time we saw each other, they would go around with a vodka or gin in hand, dancing and grinding to club music just to entice the boys to have a tagay with them.

Since she was the only girl in the party, nobody dared to make a pass at her offer.

---

As a result, I ended up one of the most wasted among the attendees last night. I didn't throw up, like I always do when I get drunk. But through my slurry voice and swinging walk, one would obviously notice how I needed to go home and retire for the night.

So after midnight, I decided to call it a night and leave the rest to more partying. I had to leave because of work, and also because I could not catch up with them anymore because of the intense swirling feeling in my head.

While inside the cab, I recovered a portion of my awareness. I remembered that I gave my word to my other group that I would show up in their little gathering somewhere near Vito Cruz. Despite the heavy downpour in Quezon City, I called a friend to ask him their whereabouts.

"Nandito pa kami sa Provident. Intayin ka namin," was his response.

---

-tobecontinued-

No comments: