Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Alternate Reality (Donya-Donyahan Sessions Four, Second Part)

Boredom and restlessness can make a person do things he would never do in normal situations. I could have taken advantage of the opportunity being presented to me while looking after Papu's place alone.

As I browsed a sleazy website, a single thread post in the forum or chatroom could have permanently altered the sanctity of the place I was watching over. These are some of the thoughts running inside my head that fateful night:

1. I could have invited a hot guy to drop by. We all know where such invitation would lead to.

2. A better idea would be to invite two hot top/versa guys to hang-out with me for a drink and snacks. A kinky ménage à trois would have spiced up my restless night. In order to lessen our impact on the pad, we could do the deed in the bathroom. It would also lighten my guilt after the fuck is over. I should be wary of my invitations though. Having a serial killer for company isn't a fun idea.

3. Or if I am shameless enough to exercise my perversions in somebody else's place. I could organize a last minute orgy with all hunkies online invited. An activity like that would increase the kinkiness factor tenfold and it would surely leave me lots of memories to share. However, the mess they would leave and the grueling task of cleaning everything would leave me too haggard for work the following day.

Yet, these are all but mere fantasies. Even if my temporal insanity would enable me to do such deeds in my mind, restraint and respect for Papu would crush those erotic inclinations before they become a reality. Roy and I talked about such reckless excesses before. We both agreed that it would be best for us to conduct such activities at someone's place instead.

Even if we sleep over at Papu's place..

---

Aside from getting a higher phone bill by the end of the month (don't ask me why), the first night passed without any incident. Before I left for work the following morning, I made sure that Alec had an ample food and water on his dish. I also took the necessary steps to unplug all electronic devices that I could pull out from the socket.

Nevertheless, I was constantly disturbed by the fact that I have left the Whirlpool fridge and LG microwave on. Adding to my worries was the thought that I might have not locked the door properly. I feared that it may result to theft or burglary without anyone being aware of what happened. How can I explain to Papu that his brand new audio system got stolen.

Therefore, I decided to return after my shift at work ended. Traveling from San Juan to Libis was not only stressful, it was also heavy on my wallet. However at least, it alleviated the anxieties that consumed me the entire day. Besides, my sister was still using the computer so heading home and barging into my room where she's working would not be a good idea.

Everything was still intact when I arrived at the pad. Contrary to my initial paranoia, my fears never came true. Alec greeted me with a relieved meow when he saw me enter the door. As usual, his thick, long fur was all over the floor.

I spent the rest of the afternoon at Loyola, where I walked some miles under the blistering sun just to reach a friend's grave. His family commemorated the 40th day of his passing. When I arrived at his grave site, everyone had already left. I was late for the event.

So I placed the Anthuriums near his tombstone and said a little prayer before I left. That moment, all I could think about was the lost we felt after his passing. I also realized how close we have become during the final years of his life.

When I returned to Papu's unit, I checked on my mother's decision whether she would let me sleep over in Libis or ask me to return home. She said that they are still working on my sister's thesis and they would appreciate if I stay elsewhere. Despite my garment shortage, I received her decision to have an extension with overjoyed bliss. Who wouldn't like to sleep in a place where you can almost feel you're a rich kid?

So I sent Roy an sms message asking him to buy me a cheap boxers on his way to the condominium. He told me earlier that he would join me for the night to have an update on each other's life. As I waited for his arrival, I wrote a portion of my paper which is due on Friday. In the first place, it was my main reason for staying there.

Papu was online as well.

He was telling me that it was raining in Davao and he didn't enjoy the trip that much.

As night came, boredom sets in. There was no ready-to-eat food in the fridge and there was no soap in the bathroom. I was short in everything, including the undies that I would wear the following day. Therefore, I have to buy some provisions when Roy arrives. However, it was getting late. I tried to text him of his whereabouts, but he never replied.

Suddenly at past 8pm, he texted me with this following message.

"Pasensya na parekoy. Hindi ako pinayagang lumuwas ng Maynila eh."

I would have to spend the night alone for the second time.

---

-tobecontinued-

No comments: