Thursday, October 11, 2007

Companion

In silence, I tell myself "no matter how far this journey would take me, something should always remind me of home." Inside the freezing Partas bus, while it flies the entire length of North Expressway from Pulilan to the end of Candaba Viaduct in Pampanga, the soft blue nightlight above my head reminds me of the growing distance from the people that I love.

As I hold the saffron colored little creature in my hand, while both of us were partially bathed by light coming from lamp posts as the bus passes underneath, in my head all I could think of is the comfort of having a remembrance of my world close to me. He may be an inanimate object but at that moment when I was longing for someone to keep me warm and fuzzy.

His secret smile is the only thing that makes the strangeness of my shrouded surroundings a little more familiar.

The kid inside me calls for home as the growing distance continues to separate me from the hearth my heart belongs.

---

An afterthought, October 4, 2007

Image Title: Darkstar In Mugen's Hand

No comments: