Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dream Journals Twelve

Heto ang napapala ng isang empleyado na garapal matulog sa kanyang workstation, habang ang lahat ng kanyang colleagues ay abala sa pagtratrabaho.

---

It was mid-afternoon. I was standing idly outside, at the carpark in front of the house. When I looked above, there was not a single cloud in the sky. Instead all you could see is the endless blue space stretched from horizon to horizon.

Suddenly, little particles of dust began to fall. At first, nobody paid attention to it. Even our neighbor Ate Fe, who often shares us free food whenever she prepared too much for her guests said that it might just be the dust coming from the street.

However when I looked up again, I saw more dust particles falling from the sky. I could just imagine an invisible hand sprinkling ash above our heads.

The quietness was gradually being replaced by a hollow sound of the wind. It was soft at first but its bellowing sound grows more intense by the minute.

So I ran towards the house to warn everyone of what's happening outside. By this time the sound of the wind was howling ominously. It was like a huge tornado is about to pass our way. I told my sister, who was in her room to lock the windows to prevent the dust from coming
inside the house.

Her windows were already firmly secured.

So I went to my room to close my windows as well.

However, the windows were located behind the green curtains that shielded my dark room from the blinding sunlight every morning. When I saw these curtains they look like they were being sucked by some unknown force outside.

I remember trying to reach them, but fear prevented me from making a step.

Despite the blue sky, which i could see in the little holes that pot marked the walls of my room, the ground begins to shake slightly. The dust which we tried in vain to contain outside begins to find its way inside the house. The wind now wails at its loudest. It's sound is like a hundred disturbed souls seeking redemption.

And I remember those sounds bringing tremor and fear in my heart.

---

End of dream sequence.

No comments: