Monday, October 22, 2007

Cry

And when I arrived at her room, she was calmly seated in the bed, texting someone on her phone. It is as if nothing had happened. The voice, which I heard when I called earlier reveals trouble. I can feel that she had a difficulty in breathing and fear emanated from her voice. Her distress compelled me to leave the office thirty minutes earlier. Such emergencies will always inhibit me from going to far away places.

Such emergencies will be the reason why my eyes are permanently fixed in the direction of home.

She greeted me with a pleasant voice. I, on the other hand was still shaken after receiving her news. In the cab on my way home, situations form in my head. I was bracing for the worse, knowing how pessimist I am. In the end, I realized that no matter what happens, I will never be ready for such a news. No matter how strong I would project myself, a distress coming from her will always shatter me into pieces.

It felt like something has exploded inside my chest.

I sat beside her and quietly hugged her tight. I knew that she was smiling. Instead of me assuring her that everything will be alright, she was the one assuring me that she will be fine.

This is the very reason why I have a very very soft spot for mothers, especially old ladies.

I leaned on her shoulders like the helpless kid I used to be. For all the best memories that suddenly overtook my thoughts at that very moment,

Tears began to trickle down my eyes.

---

pls col me. Asap
- message received, 1:28 pm

No comments: