Friday, May 2, 2008

La Guardia

Funny how despite our high technological advancement, there are things in the world we still cannot fully explain.

- anonimus


---

A figure was standing right in front of my bed. She was a little girl, around ten years of age. Her hair was long, dark and flowing; her skin was fair and smooth. I remembered her wearing a long white gown. If not for the fact that our encounter happened in my dream, I would have thought that what was in front of me was a ghost of a child.

I was in my pre-teen years when her apparition took place in my room. We have never met before and I do not remember seeing her in any books or on television. However, when I recall our brief but strange encounter many years later, I would still ask myself and wonder how was she able to speak to me and how did she know that I masturbate frequently.

---

Some six years later, a strong typhoon had hit the city. It's eye was forecast the night before to pass just south of Metro Manila, and was expected to hit hard the provinces of Laguna and Cavite. Power was cut at early dawn and candles were lit up inside the house. Its dancing flames flicker everytime a gust of wind pounds the wooden wall separating me from the elements outside. The room would vibrate slightly whenever the wind would find its way between the iron grills protecting my windows. It felt like an overweight baby clung violently on the grills and starts jumping up and down to get my attention.

I placed my candle right beside my bed, on top of a CD plastic case that rests on the wooden floor. I was hoping that I would find solace in its enduring light. I fell asleep soon after, despite the persistent howling of winds and the ceaseless bouncing of a huge invisible baby on the iron grills outside the windows.

It was my hope that I could sleep soundly throughout the storm. But a few hours after daybreak, something out of this plane had stirred me from my peaceful slumber.

All I sensed was an urgent calling; a voice inside my head ordering me to wake up. I could not immediately remember if this something had a form or figure, for I have never seen its face or its features. But whenever I recall later how I was able to get up and put out the fire shortly before it burns the wooden floor, the only thing that I could remember is a presence of a lady - an adult woman in my sleep trying to tell me to put out the candle before it's too late.

---

These two events remain a mystery that no one could explain to me.

My mom said that it might be my guardian angel who woke me up when my room had nearly caught on fire. I told her that I don't believe in angels. She then paused for a few seconds and then said that she had no more explanations to offer. She added that I should consider the lady's intervention a miracle; something that I should always remember whenever I put my faith in question.

Mom was right, it indeed strengthened my faith. However, it also opened the possibilities of acknowledging my feminine instincts that over time, lead to my eventual acceptance of my homosexuality.

---

A few years ago, I had a private message conversation with this eccentric lesbian from Pinoyexchange. Her name was Moonlover and she claimed to be a psychic who can sense things that ordinary people like us could never feel. She told me in our conversation that we have guides, who sometimes speak to us. She also told me of beings from other planes, and the karmic repercussions of putting spells on other people.

I tell you, she was truly out of this world and I would have loved to meet her.

Unfortunately Moonlover's cryptic posts disturbed a confused lesbian in their thread and began to openly harass her. The loser's accusations were so pathetic and what's worse was that her friends in their thread ganged-up on her and began to call her a witch. I was ready to intervene on Moonlover's behalf, even if I never understood anything about their issues. However, my presence came too late. She was never seen in PEx again.

---

I stumbled upon one of her private messages while deleting old junk mails from other pexers last night. As I re-read her message - especially the part containing the answers about the mystery woman who woke me up one stormy morning, the thought of the guides came up again.

In her reply, she encouraged me to ask for signs of their presence before I go to sleep at night. This hint not only gave me an idea to cross the borders of reality, if I could prove to myself that guides exist, it would boost my awakened state one step higher.

With this in mind, it became my prayer intention to meet my guide if ever I have one.

"If it's not too much to ask," I told Him. "I wish to know if my desire to achieve a higher state of spirituality can be attributed to a guide, like what a friend had once told me."

"This is not an urgent request," I added. "All I ever wanted is to feel that I am never alone."

Knowing that what I was asking is a sort of an absurd request, I already felt that the answer would not be as clear as I wish it to be. It is often the case - God answers in mysterious ways,

I do not know if the answers He gave last night was as clear as it had been intended, or was it just my head playing tricks on me.

In my dream, I saw a person - a man I had never seen before. He seems to have handsome facial features, but not the ones I've been tripping in the clubs or in the gym. I do not remember if we had a conversation, or the exact contours of his face. Almost all the details of our meeting had evaporated the moment I woke up from my sleep. All I know is that he was a man and I felt that we have not yet met.

Now the question is, how can a stranger appear in your dream? Was his presence the answer to the prayer I asked the night before?

Alas! The favor was a one-shot request that I'm afraid I'd be ashamed to ask again. What I asked for was a sign. How unfortunate that when we get strange and unexplainable answers from above, we tend to over-analyze it using any plausible logical reasons we could think of.

It was a one-in-a-million question that I would never dare ask again.

And so the sign stays as it was in the dream. Guide or just a figment of imagination, I'm afraid I will never know.

---

I believe that was already a desperate attempt to get your attention! When we are asleep, we are naturally in an altered state of consciousness hence, most dead people contact their relatives in dreams so as not to frighten them. All our guides always reach out to us, but sometimes we are just too consumed with our issues. Ever had the experience that there is a voice in your mind that comforts you or that you have a brilliant idea out of the blue? That is them discretely communicating with you. If you want to have direct communication with them, it starts with intention. Before you sleep, pray that you be given a sign.

- moonlover's reply to my question
pinoyexchange.com







No comments: