Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dark Skies

The sky over Global City must be flooded by searchlights by now, for the Eraserheads reunion concert is about to begin. I can almost hear Ely Buendia opening the band's performance with the song "Ligaya" amidst the thundering cheers of his fans. I should have been there... if not for some unforeseen changes that happened these past few days. Let's just say that I failed to secure a privilege ticket and to get one at Ticketworld would stretch my finances too thinly.

The massive publicity has been made last week and it's too late to take back my announcement at the floor. Therefore, much as it hurts to leave my station this evening, I packed my belongings and informed my colleagues that I have to go and see the concert even without a ticket in hand.

I planned to show up at Fort Bonifacio without a pass waving to the organizers. But the thought of standing in a cold pavement while everyone was raving inside the concert grounds made me realize how pathetic my situation would become. The problem however is that I had nowhere else to go. It was still too early to assault Malate and the sudden changes in my plans this evening made me a little unpredictable in making decisions.

So I headed west towards the direction of Makati without any specific destination in mind.

There were invitations for a hang-out - like the one from Centurion who invited me at his favorite watering hole in Tandang Sora. However, the distance I must cover from Mandaluyong to Quezon City had put me off because no matter how much I'd enjoy his company, the solitary journey back to Manila would be too unbearable to contemplate.

Besides, I have other plans for tonight.

Going home was another option. I could spend the night playing Sims 2, especially now that I got a new add-on pack from Datablitz yesterday. It will be fun living a simulated life, but then I realized that I have the whole week to pretend being a Sim. Why waste a good Saturday night in front of the computer when I could party the night away clubbing in Malate?

The options are truly endless.

Somewhere in San Andres Bukid, I am renting a computer to write this blog entry. A few blocks from here is a place where I can invoke the influence of Kitsune to take command of my wild side. Take one jeepney ride from Taft and I'll find myself in front of Queeriosity Palace or Club Bath in Pasay and I could spend the night addressing my long-deprived sexual needs and go home feeling like a diyosa.

However, it is not libog that makes my Saturday night complete.

I could gratify myself by becoming the person I once was, but such move will leave me hollowed and depressed the whole week. I could head to Sanctuario and get that much needed massage after punishing my muscles for months, but budget constraints may affect my spending ability come the party begins. I could crash into one of my friend's apartment to spend the evening telling stories about each other's lives, but then no one seems available. I do not wish to show up at someone's door without any clear intention in mind.

I could even watch a movie at Robinson's Place but the idea of watching Wall-E alone will only complicate the feeling of sadness.

There are so many ways to spend time waiting, but in my case, I am left with no clear decision at all.

However, to contain my growing restlessness, I will need to impose these limitations:

I will do my best to avoid being physical before the party begins.

I will limit my alcohol intake to a half of what I consumed last week.

I will pursue my solitary wanderings without appearing too pathetic in doing it.

And I will make sure to have a back-up plan next time, instead of relying in only one goal and become frustrated when things do not go according to plan.

Tonight, I will try to weather my aimlessness by staying here in the warm confines of the internet cafe and watch the Obama speech in Youtube.

Hopefully, after some inner reflection at what had happened, I will emerge more equip to handle such situation the next time I find myself on my own.

---

Conducting some transactions with my ultimate crushie masseur over the internet. Will I be able to contain the temptation, ignore my creeping libog and survive this evening in one piece?

Let's see what will happen.

I think I lost.

-tobecontinued-


No comments: