Sunday, November 13, 2005

Evicted

It was very dark inside, in fact I think the aura is gloomy when I came in. The dancefloor was full of of people, but I can sense that their spirit was not there with them as they dance. Toy was the DJ that night but I can't feel the energy emanating from him as he spins his vinyls playing house tracks.

Everybody seems so sad and fleeting. Even Prinsipe who I saw there after so many weeks was also leaving for Europe. After the second time around, I felt that everything has changed after they renovated the place.

Before, when it was crampy, the color red was all over the place. Though the place was small it was fabulous, it was very gay, and it was awesome. Despite the heat and sweat, you feel the vibe from everyone who was there. You would be able to meet someone, even if you came there alone.

Now, the place was big, yet it appeared empty. The people gather around in their respective groups. And those groupings will make you feel unwelcome if you came there alone.

The dancefloor looks like an empty warehouse only the strobe lights and the awesome sound system makes it different from an jologs disco house. The darks spots proved to be very boring on weekdays. The more i realize it, the more I find the place...

Too bland.

Too lonely.

Its character being stripped off after a major overhaul took place last month.

I went to BED last Friday.

And the entrance fee alone had become a huge turn-off for me.

A very close friend who I saw there was right. For someone who has been involved with the club for so long, we shared the same sentiments after realizing what changes have done to our party place.

For the first time after being there ever since its beginnings 3 years ago.

We were rudely awakened by that fact that,

BED ain't home anymore.

No comments: