Saturday, November 26, 2005

Queen For A Night (Part One)

For months, I have been recieving invites from BED whenever they have an event to celebrate. At first, I thought someone gave them my number for I couldn't remember a time when I personally gave mine. Nevertheless, it was fun to recieve such invitations. At least I get invited even though I am actually an outsider and a nobody compared to the fab and beautiful people who frequented the place every week.

Some weeks ago, BED sent me a text message asking for my home address. They were inviting me to the soft opening of BED which happened last night. At first, I was hesitant to give my address. After all, they might send me a rather - indiscreet letter which would eventually lead to my most unexpected and unprepared outing at home.
However, due to the fact that I might not get any more opportunity next time, I decided to give my address anyway. After all, I always thought that hanging out in the said place faithfully for 3 years did actually earned me a VIP status. I'd rather take the risk of blowing my cover rather than forego a moment when I would finally be acknowledged for the years I became part of their "family."

---

Two weeks after I replied my home address to their text message, the letter had arrived.

It was delivered to me by our trusted househelp. At first she was quite confused because the letter was sent to the correct address, but was addressed to a different person.

When I saw it with my bare eyes, I got in for a revelation I wasn't really prepared to swallow.

Arj, my former colleage, a very close Brodder and a former partner-in-crime was the one who gave my number to the organizers.

The letter was addressed to him.

My first reaction was somewhat of a shock... all along, I thought I was a VIP. Good thing, I never revealed it in my blog several weeks ago.

But no hard feelings there. After all, he was a volunteer before at one of their major activities.

Surely he deserves such priviledge after serving them for one of their major projects before.

---

Two days after, I relayed the invitation to him.

At first, I was even half jokingly said "Number ko pala binigay mo ha! Kala ko pa naman ako ang invited nila, ikaw pala!!!" Anyways it was a good thing that it was addressed to me. Several weeks ago, he confided that he was under surveillance from his family after one of her sister's colleague saw him partying at BED.

Such is the life of a closeted homosexual like him.

We agreed to meet in Makati yesterday evening, since a contingent was also set at Glorietta that night. Prior to our meet up, he personally asked me to join him as well since I was the one who recieved the invitation.

But since I have a duty the folowing morning, I told him that if ever I can't make it, he should ask somebody else to join him. After all, I'm not that interested anyway... since I am already eyeing Government as my new clubbing place.

---

Yet for all things claimed and refuted; and despite the bad reviews I wrote two weeks ago... the moment I got home from work yesterday afternoon, I checked out how many guests could a VIP bring at the party.

After confirming that Arj could bring two, I immediately prepared the red shirt I would be wearing. Then I took a nap, hoping that when I wake up that evening I would be refreshed and ready to go for a long night attending the Queen Size re-opening of the club I used to consider
my home..


-tobecontinued-

No comments: