Sunday, November 20, 2005

Pilgrimage At Government (Part One)

For months, some people have been telling me to see Club Government so that I would appreciate its difference from my nook, BED.

And for all those months, I just scoffed at their idea. After all, BED is more convenient to my place and besides, I've been one of the children of Malate.

It is my home and such change of party place would leave me adjusting again.

While Club BED is being renovated, I've heard that everyone moved to Government to party. But I was never even tempted to join the pilgrimage before. After all, those were the times when
I wasn't even in the mood to party.

I was already enjoying my company with my fellow BrOdders.

Even though a lot of people have increasingly gave a good feedback about that bar, I just don't have the guts or willpower to pay Government a visit. For me, Malate is enough, I can stay in BED as long as I want.

Three years is a very long time, and such long traditions can't be broken easily.

However, when I found myself being alienated from my own home, things suddenly changed. Since I had the opportunity to check the said bar once and for all last night, I mustered all my remaining strength, risk my state of health this morning and decided to go to Government.

And see for myself what the place got.

---

Last night, I was having a contingent with the rest of the ODDERS.

As the story goes, a group of our brodders went to SM North Edsa to watch Kyla's concert in one of its cinemas. The other group was conveniently having their own night-out at Glorietta.

I was playing my favorite PC Game when I recieved a text message from XP inviting me to attend the said contingent since a lot of guys would be out last night. After I confirmed the number of guys who would come, I immediatly called Papu so that he could join us as well. The initial plan was to go to Malate. But since most of the guys prefer to avoid the place, we have agreed to hang out at Tiananmen instead.

As usual, the contingent was a blast, especially since Bench and Pipay were there as well. It's been weeks since I last saw them and their presence last night made my sacrifice worthwhile. Arj and Sonny came later and in the end, we were around 14 who came to the get-together.

When Arj said he had to leave early, I said my goodbyes too since I have to work the next morning. The guys understood my situation so they allowed me to leave with Arj.

While walking along Makati Avenue to hail a taxi, I asked Arj where Government is located. He said it's just a walking distance from where we were so I persuaded him to bring me in front of the said bar to see how it looks like.

We eventually arrived at Government after walking a couple of streets from Tiananmen. At this point, I wasn't contented anymore to see its exterior. I already wanted to see whats inside. To further satisfy my curiousity, I went inside and to the front of the ticket booth as Arj waited outside to ask how much is the ticket.

When the desk officer told me that it only costs P50 less than what BED is charging. I siezed the opportunity and told my companion that since I will have to endure a very long workday ahead, I need to see Government that night.

Arj smiled and said I should check out the place for a change.

But he warned me though that if BED is infamously known for its crowd's pretentiousness, I should watch out Government's crowd for its pretentiousness is doubled according to him.

As he was giving his advice, a cab stopped in front of us.

By then we said our goodbyes as he went inside the cab and in a couple of seconds, I was back in front of the ticket booth.

-tobecontinued-

No comments: