Monday, November 21, 2005

Need For Speed (Version One)

Lately I noticed that I got hots for hatchboxes.

Whenever I am on the road, seeing these cars makes my head turns. It makes me pause for seconds and just stare at the beautiful creation, like how I do when a cute guy passes right in front of me.


Honda Jazz
Sure thing, this Honda Jazz is an eye candy for me. There were a lot of times I imagined driving one myself. Too bad, It costs around P650K. Not even in 48 years will I acquire that kind of money.
Oh well, life is too short and priorities change everytime. Seriously, if someone would give me P700K (or I acquire it from miraculous sources overnight), chances are, I would just keep it in one of my bank accounts until I get even more.
But all is not lost though. With some luck, hardwork and proper management of finances, I'm pretty sure that I could have enough savings for this one in the next 2-4 years.

Kia Picanto

That is, if our last remaining family enterprise survives or if my working career progresses by huge leaps and bounds.

But considering how frugal I am when it comes to money... I believe that I won't be stupid or careless enough to spend huge chunks of my savings for this.

I have this sort of feeling that I might as well save enough for a Jazz before I get a Picanto.

Good thing, I can still dream. At least from time to time whenever I find some break from reality, I can still enjoy my passion for cars.

From having daysdreams of owning an Isuzu Gemini when I was still 6 years old (which was actually my first car when I got into 2nd year college.) to trading it with dreaming of driving a Toyota Corolla during the final years of my college,

At least I am still able to appreciate cars nowadays... despite my shift of life objectives.

However, one irony remains...

Inspite of my love for cars, I have never driven one in 4 years.

I used to have this student license back in high-school when my dad decided to enroll me in a driving school. But I never renewed it after it expired.

I eventually learned how to drive by sneaking out our FX during early mornings without any valid papers to support me.

When dad gave me a Gemini (despite my fervent request for a Toyota Corolla XL), I learned to enjoy it for a week but it also became the sole reason for me to completely stop driving,

When one evening, as I try to sneak it out from my mom, I accidentally "touched" the sides of a neighbor's FX.

It would have been reported to the police and had probably put me to jail but the neighbor forgave me.

Realizing how serious my carelessness was, added to the fact that we have just one car which is really important for my mom because of her disabilities,

I simply agreed to stop turning my dreams of driving to reality.

Until now...

No comments: