Friday, November 4, 2005

Roy at the Bayfront


If someone would ask me who is my ultimate gimmick buddy, the first person that will immediately come to my mind is none other than my bestfriend Roy.

Since we first met more than 3 years ago, the main reason why we jive together was that he is so easy to get along with.

In fact, the main reason why we got close in the first place was that he immediately accepted my invitation to join me to watch a movie even though we just have met less than a week before I asked him to go out with me.

He had a buddy then, but it didn't stop us from hanging out together.

Months came by so fast and we found ourselves spending long hours strolling around Ortigas Center talking stuffs about our newly discovered non-straight inclination. Sometimes, we would even stay up past midnight at Glorietta talking about our past present, and even our future.

We would even sneak away from our hang-out buddies at La Dida just to enjoy the sights at Libis ourselves. After all, we were still more comfortable hanging out with heterosexual guys than gays that time.

As we get to know each other better, the more our adventures become more exciting than ever.
He is the only guy I've been with at Kelly Heights. We watched the sun go down while the city lighting up below took our breaths away.

One summer, we went to Libingan ng mga Bayani just to have a conversation. That time, Fort Bonifacio was still under development.

Years later, who would have thought that he would actually land a job over there.

For all I know, he was the only guy I enjoyed spending the night with outside. It began with our chats at Glorietta or some other mall, but since we would find our hang out quite "bitin," we would extend it by hanging out at CCP till morning.

It is where we have experienced running under the rain and taking cover at the CCP grounds itself. We were also the only ones among the group who have actually been at the gates of the infamous Bakahan
one morning after the guy we were having a chat with turns out to be a tripper.

We have come a very long way, and our hang-out this afternoon proves that no matter how we have grown over the years, how much we have changed thanks to the preference we have chosen, we are still the same guys who used to hang-out together anywhere we want.

Here are the photos I took when we went to the bayfront behind the still unfinished SM Mall of Asia today.

Finally, got some rare shots I really wanted to take the first time I went there with my family.

The place is like the cloned version of the Baywalk at Roxas Boulevard. The only difference is that due to the difficulty of reaching the place, this bayfront is relatively empty and quiet compared to its predecessor at Roxas.

Besides, the view and ambience here is much more awesome since the bay is cleaner and the empty spaces around the area provides some fresh air you won't find anywhere else in Manila.

However, time is really running out.

I bet that when the mall has finally opened, this place would be commercialized and crowded as well.

Its serenity would be lost forever...

Good thing, we have found this place before development does. Luckily, I got the chance to bring a friend there before things change forever.

No comments: