Monday, November 21, 2005

Pilgrimage At Government (Ending)

My friend's thoughts reverberated inside my mind as I entered the short corridor leading to the dance floor. In my thoughts, I remembered that I've never been snubbed in a bar at all.

Perhaps because I was snubbish too and that I don't usually care what other people think about me.

Looking back at my own clubbing life, I've never been shy on the dance floor, only with people.

In fact I have spent most of my clubbing life alone since nobody isn't passionate enough to go clubbing with me among my brods. From Phenomenon to Sibil and Dreams, to Mint and Mister Piggys and then BED, being alone is not an issue anymore. As always, my objective is to party hard.

Damn those who would notice and talk about me for being alone in the dance floor.

---

Finally, the main hall and the dance floor was right before my eyes.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed that much. Probably because I was reminded of how Temple looks like and perhaps because I was expecting too much from the crowd.

When I first got there. I really thought I would encounter the high-class gay elites in town, but looking at the faces and the attitudes of those who were there - it seems like I was just in another gay club. Maybe the place was overpromoted to me prior to my first visit there.

That night they have some sort of Go-go boys modelling at the floor. They were standing and posing at the elavated platforms. The boys who were modelling were not really yummy if you're meters away from them. But being a couple of feet away from them is a different story. In fact I was so tempted to touch the chest of one of the guys if only I wasn't reminded that I never ever do that in the first place.

I find touching some other skin deliberately and without their permission so jologs for me.

---

So to avoid further temptation (or lusty imagination, whichever comes first) I went to the second floor to check out the their chillout area.

Well, its was quite typical and far from what I had in mind but at least they have more seats for those who just wanted to chill.

As I looked at the dance floor from the balcony, I got the shock of my life when I saw the models wearing only their undies. God, who would have thought that this club has wilder parties from where I come from!

So immediately, I went downstairs to have a closer look at the boys. However, when I got there, the show has already ended.

Badtrip.

---

Good thing though, the party is about to peak up once again.

The crowd was returning to the dance floor, as I try to blend in despite the fact that I'm alone and was just new at the scene.

Until I saw an acquaintance who was lost there as well.

It was Hyperkid the cute guy whom I befriended at BED before.

Immediately after acknowledging one another, we became instant dance partners. Before when we were still in BED, I would have a hard time talking to this guy since he seems so aloof and distant whenever I talk to him.

Like Prinsipe, all that matters to him was dancing.

But last Sunday was different. He was more cordial and willing to talk. He told me why he moved out of BED to change his party place after it was renovated.

He said, he was traumatized when he was robbed inside the jeep on his way home from BED.

Aside from that, he once attempted to dance on the ledge only to be asked to go down since someone else would be dancing on it.

After those tragic incidents he promised himself never to go back. Besides, he finds Government much nearer to where he lives.

I told him my story as well... to cut it short, I feel so alienated because of the renovation, besides their entrance fee was extremely outrageous.

That night we talked about a lot of things as the party heats up for the DJ is playing more catchy tunes for everyone to enjoy.

As Hyperkid begins to get hyper again and tunes got me in the mood to dance as well, I realized that all my assuptions about Government were all wrong.

Before, someone said that the bar only plays diva-ish house tracks that were really a turn off whenever they play those stuffs at Bed. yet last night, I heard a more tribal-ish and deep house sounds instead.

Others claimed that Government is so big that it tends to be crappy when there are few people inside... well, they should see BED nowadays when there are only few guys in.

They also said that its much more expensive to party at Government than in Bed... Between P250 and P300, there's a big difference there. In fact, it was one of the main reasons why I was turned off with BED's new scheme.

Lastly, like a friend said before I got in, people at Gov tend to be more pretentious and snubbish than what we usually encounter at our favorite hang out spot,

Well in all honesty, I find Government much more homier than what I left at Bed two weeks ago.

And for all those things I have felt when I was there, I might as well leave Malate for good and stay in Makati until some more gay-friendly place is put up closer to home.

---

After all those realizations, I just noticed that I am getting pumped up as well to dance like
Hyperkid does. And getting pumped up mean only one thing:

I am enjoying the party.

For an hour or so, I just kept on dancing and dancing hard I did. Never did I get so up in mood to dance this past few months that I even got up on the ledge because I felt better dancing on top of those things.

However, despite all enjoyment I had one big problem that night.

Time... for I have to work that same morning at 6 am.

So at around 3 am, I already told Hyperkid that I will have to leave.

---

That night, Hyperkid revealed to me his true age and real name. I guess, that only shows that he's beginning to see me as a friend and not just a mere flirter. We talked more about his bets while I talked about mine as well.

That same night, I also met one of Marco's friends whom I recognized from the pictures he posted in his blog. Since Marco wasn't there with them, I just introduced myself as one of his friend's co-bloggers.

My first trip at Government was an enlightening one. Not only did I enjoy my stay there, I also found a new and probably a better alternative to what I see in Malate for the past two years.

Things change they say. In fact, I have almost closed my doors at clubbing for good if not for this discovery I had this week.

Despite the fact that its just the first time, and that I haven't really seen its negative sides yet.

The mere fact that I had a good first impression only means that

This will not be the last.

No comments: