Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Under The Textron Sun

I just got home from work.

At last, free time again for myself.

Lately, I noticed that the sky is clear all afternoon. While everyone is complaining how terribly humid the weather is, and how haggard it is to walk a few blocks from the office going to the main road, whenever I look up at the sky and see how blue it is, I can’t help but feel thankful about the day.

After all, it’s one of the few remaining things you can enjoy for free these days.

--

Significant changes are happening in the office these past few weeks.

There was a massive recruitment going on, for we have been constantly flooded by text messages coming from abroad.

Overnight, I have become one of the oldest workers in the group. Everyone I knew when I was just starting was already gone.

And even mami admitted that she would be working at home beginning this week.

Somehow the changes made me feel very alone.

--

Good thing, I have become one of the oldest worker in that company.

At least, I would always have a seniority status that can protect me – probably even against Rica’s constant bullying as well.

Besides, the new ones are all nice guys. Haven’t had a hard making pakisama to all of them.

In a few months, I’ve heard that some of the other irregular oldies would have to leave to answer their true calling.

Things continue to change.

I just hope that for once, I would get over this stigma I’ve been carrying ever since I started working outside the family business

Hopefully I would last longer than the usual six months I’ve been staying in one company.

No comments: