Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ghost Of Summer

I can appear tough but I can never be invincible.

Whenever I see him, the memories of last summer comes back to me. From the senti talk we had after we did it - to the promises of never leaving his side and staying on so long as he wants my presence, still burns my thoughts.

I don't know why his impact is so strong, despite having nothing really in common. Our differences are so huge, that it makes me cringe to remember that I almost denied myself just to catch up with him. For weeks, I based my happiness to his own and it did give me bliss - no matter how shallow that happiness was.

But now that it's over. Now that my independence is restored, I still struggle to free myself from the bond. Somehow, what remains is the memory and its grip tightens, the more I realize that it's the remembering that opens the wounds again. It drags me back, stabs me a thousand times over so that I will never forget the pain.

I know, it's stupid to keep such lingering feelings like this.

Especially if the other person has completely moved on.

And especially if I don't have any plans of restoring what we were, before these things befell on us.

But what can I say, I'm just human not to be spooked.

---

Darkstar: So how would you cope up?

Joms: Just pretend to be tough, still.

Pulsar: It's just a steaming off of emotions. It's alright it will pass.



No comments: