Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Junebug

As promised to Mink, this should have been my opening salvo entry for June. Unfortunately, I was so scatterbrained that day, that I forgot to write an entry.

Since this is a tag-post. Let me begin by saying that I'm a weird person. I consider myself non-conformist and the only people who can really get along with me are the loners, artists, eccentrics and esoterics. I have some very unusual behaviors or habits that other people who takes notice find amusing.

To begin the meme:

"Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about himself. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own as well as state the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people as well and list their names. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged!"

The Six Weird Things About Me:

6. I can sense whether a spirit resides in a place I stayed for the first time.

I was alone in our publication office at the National Press Club one afternoon. The only other person who accompanied me was the guard who was on duty outside the room. As I was about to leave the editorial office, a man wearing a barong and a slacks - his facial features blurry passed beside me. Then it suddenly disappeared within a fraction of a moment.

When I asked the guard if he knew something weird happening in the office, he told me that sometimes, he feels that someone watches over him while taking a nap at night. Other employees, who stays over tells of an invisible entity who walks around the room with his leather shoes and sometimes tapping the keyboard early in the morning.

It appears that before we abandoned the business completely, he made his presence clear - to the person who runs it all. He appeared to me.

It's like they want me to acknowledge their presence. That's how I feel when I see them in my peripheral vision. Given the ability to see ghosts (and sometimes elementals), they appear in a split-second moment - too fast for me to scream or run away. These apparitions are always non-violent and most of the time, the validation I get is from asking the living residents if there is something unusual that they know about the place where they live.

Such apparitions and validations happened too many times, it's just stupid to ignore them.

5. I cannot sleep on a bed with rippled sheets.

Bed partners and even friends who sleeps over complain about this weird habit of mine. It all began when I was just a kid. Before we go to sleep, mom would ask me to get up so that she could straighten the sheets (which my little feet had pulled away from the mattress. As I grow older, I emulated the habit. After the sex part (with Phanks), I would tell him to get up and get cleaned. As he followed his own rituals. I would take the pillows and place them all in the nearby chair. And then, with all my remaining strength, I would pull the sheets against the mattress until it straightens up again.

When Phanks returns, he would often get surprised as to how I managed to overturn a war zone into a sweet spot to lie down and have a good night sleep.

Also, I don't like to sleep in a cluttered bed.

4. My favorite past time is nail-biting

People say that in order to know if a person is insecure, all you have to do is look at his nails to see the evidence. Yeah, I admit, my nails are very very short and there are a lot of excess nail growth in it.

The reason:

I nail-bite all the time.

It's one habit that I never got passed through (including the picking of the nose). I tried to stop many times, but the sheer pleasure of nibbling on excess nail growth (especially when restless), and pulling them away until your fingers bleed is so tantalizing, the only thing that prevents me from continuing the activity is the fear of infection.

But I'm working hard to stop it real soon. However, I don't know anyone who have graduated from it - especially at this age.

3. I like my rice... very soggy

I only eat fried foods - not with Del Monte or Mang Tomas, but with Knorr Soup or Maggie Noodles. I like my Menudo (Which is my favorite dish), thick with tomato sauce; same is true with my Kare-Kare, Afritada and Pork Sinigang.

For some reasons, I really don't like the effort of chewing my food - Therefore, I drown it in soup, or other forms of liquid that would make it soft and very easy to swallow. A tropa once commented that I eat like a pig (because he sees the kaning-baboy as a rice mixture filled up with water, which the pig sucks with its snout). Fortunately another tropa, who sees my rice overflowing with noodle soup came to my defense. He told my tropa who commented my eating habits that his ate eats that way as well.

As for me, dedma lang. I'm preoccupied with finishing my plate of Lumpiang Shanghai and I could not be distracted by such trivialities.

2. I have a junior and his name is Joem Endymionne.

It all started back in high school. Bored one afternoon, a tropa asked me what would I name my kid when I get my girl pregnant someday. I told him, I would name him Endymionne, Joem Endymionne in honor of Tuxedo Mask in the Anime, Sailor Moon.

Years passed, I became a homo but still, I held on to the name I christened to my future boy. Whether he is born in this world or not, he already exists to me.

For sometimes, when I have to pretend (especially in some documents where I need to give a name of a child), I don't hesitate to use his name.

Like this afternoon, a colleague asked me to get him two UPCAT forms in UP. Since he only provided his son's name, I had to fill out the list with another name. Brimming with pride, I wrote the name Joem Endymionne on the list. It doesn't matter anymore whether the officer checks it out or not; in my thoughts, I have a boy and he's gonna take the UPCAT exam this year.

1. I seal an intimate bond with a... fuck.

Perhaps, it was the long passionate kisses, or it must be the tight securing hugs after a wild aggressive humping that did it. But if history tells how my heart was caught without any resistance, it wasn't through romantic dates or having good conversations about common interests.

It was through a one-night stand.

Given the gift of empathy (to feel one's longing) and expressing it through intimate means (particularly through heart-to-heart after-sex talks), I create a bond that is so strong, it immediately leads to an attachment.

"Ma-mimiss kita dude," a catchphrase almost said by every guy I had a night-stand with. In my case, they may come very rarely, but when you get to spot their vulnerabilities, and appearing tough to address it, they will remember you. Maybe, in a sad lonely world most PLU guys live with, the faint glimmer of hope to continue living a deluded existence is to find someone who could make them feel loved and cared for - even just for a night.

Same thing is true with me.

A very close friend described me as a person who overflows with love. Whether what she said is true or not, when I give in to my own instinct to show unrestricted affections and the reciever acknowledges and treasures it as his own, it encourages me to give out more - until I realize that I too, begins to get attached.

That's what happened to my ex, and it happened to my present buddy as well. All my fuck-buddies began as a night-stander, and they too admitted that our moment was well remembered. If I gave my number to Euphoria Boy last year, perhaps, he too, became a FUBU. Yet, I let things passed out of fear that I might long for him sooner or later.

It only shows that sex for me is not just an outlet of libido. Taken to a higher, more purposeful level, it becomes a sharing of life's essences. Singularity happens between two lonely people once [penetration] climax has been achieved.

Now that I revealed some of the bones in my closet, I pass this meme to:

Jbinx
KimoiX
Jhed

Redguy
Dean
Kiddo

You are tagged guys

No comments: