Monday, June 18, 2007

Kim - Siong (The Lost* Entry, Episode Two)

After Lostwansoul, the one kingmaker and the soul of the Hanap Barkada Group

---

5 am, in a mattress somewhere in the attic.

Lost: Gising ka pa dude?

Joms: Yep, wassup? I bet walang tulugan na ito ah! Pa-morningnan ba tayo?

Lost: Let's see. Hehe, I think we're the last men standing.

Joms: Honga eh, I can't sleep either. Besides, the sky is already turning blue, konti pa may araw na.

Lost: Uh-huh, so how do you find the outing so far.

Joms: It was a resounding success! The daring escape I did at home and at work paid well. Who would've thought we would be this big... and fabulous.

Lost: Oo nga eh. I think the one-week pr campaign we did helped in encouraging other people to join.

Joms: Told ya. Wot I'm really impressed was that you're able to pull everything into places. Even we, before, weren't this organized.

Lost: Talaga? I think it was a group effort. Everybody was determined to make this post-summer outing a success. Besides, the weather cooperated. Somebody must've went all the way to Santa Clara (Church) to offer eggs to the patroness.

Joms: Honestly, I've been monitoring the weather bureau since Friday.

Lost: Really?

Joms: Yeah.

Lost: Cool. So how would you like this HB-post summer outing to be remembered?

Joms: Hmm... marami eh. Would you like me to count the ways?

Lost: If that would make you happy, why not?

Joms: Talaga ha. Well first, the moment we arrived, I knew each and everyone of you are having a good time. Imagine, there were a lot of guys helping in the dinner preparation. I won't forget Dark0lighter's warm smile the moment he saw us. I interpreted it as a sign that we're very much welcome to the group.

Lost: Really?

Joms: And in fairness, his fried chicken bacon roll was fantastic. It complemented well with the buttery mashed potato and the veggie soup that were served during the dinner. Swimbod's mango cheesecake was the best. All the discipline I imposed just to distance myself from all sugar (and sweets) foods fell apart after having a slice of his cake. The boy has hidden talents Lost.

Lost: Sinabi mo pa.

Joms: Yeah, sorry nga pala if I went on with the night swimming with my companions instead of bonding with you guys. It's been a long time since I had a water dip. Besides, at least Jaybeecc found a pool companion. We bonded well especially after Genesis claimed that there was a black lady at the banana plant outside the compound.

Lost: Haha, it did scare a lot of the other guests huh?

Joms: Sino ba hindi matatakot. I broadcast ba naman ni Gen na nakatingin daw sa kanya yung black lady eh. Tapos, meron pa akong narinig na somebody heard some heavy footsteps at the attic, pero wala naman daw tao sa taas. Sa akin dedma lang lahat. I haven't really seen anything that night naman eh. Since Jaybee was interested to listen to my ghost stories, we talked about how I sense them. Ikaw naman, naki-join pa sa pananakot. I was looking at you while you're busy scaring the other guys left in the room by walking on the roof going to the window outside the guys' room.

Lost: I didn't scare anyone. I'm just listening to what they're talking about.

Joms: C'mon. Hehehe.

Meanwhile, Bronxdude was trying to get some sleep on the second floor when he heard me and lost talking. Drawn by our whispered conversations, he went up to the attic and joined our little senti talk.

Lost: So what else can you say about the guys so far?

Bronx: Yeah, what can you say about the newbies kuya Joms?

Joms: I haven't talked to most of them yet. But based on how I would remember them after this getaway, there are several guys that I was able to reach out to when I'm not looking after my two companions.

Lost: Who are they?

Joms: For one, I was able to get to know Larry Perez better. He had great hosting skills and his sexual awareness is at par with mine. Like what I've said before, he was the one who gave me a crash course about Gay Malate history. He was introduced to us by some of my old HB PExer friends during an informal meet-up at the Megastrip over a year ago.

Lost: So he's already a famer.

Joms: Not really. But he's someone who knows his PLU side very well.

Bronx: Talaga?

Joms: Yep. Anyway, TechSupport is still the quiet guy in the group. Nevertheless, I'm quite impressed that he joined the games committee. The Cats and Dogs Game (Where someone from the spectators dragged a barking Swimbod to the rival team's meowing group, resulting to the lost of his team in the game altogether.) The Buo-han game, where my team spelled Kuya CeAsar and Bokayo (instead of Bukayo) resulted to our utter defeat.

Bronx: Hahaha, kung sino ba naman kasi ang bisaya sa inyo eh.

Joms: Magtigil ka, kasama ka sa team natin.

Bronx: Hindi ah!

Joms: Lastly, the Pinoy Henyo game was our proudest achievement. It's actually the only game that we've won... thanks to Bronx's cunning strategy. *wink* *wink* Honestly, without these games, there would never be an icebreaker. I think the reason why I was able to really notice the newbies such as Tahann, Ahron15 and Faipao were because of these games.

Lost: Then we have to congratulate the programs committee for coming up with these games.

Joms: Yeah, and the house committee headed by the celebrity couple Jandreks and Genesis should be acknowledged too. Jollie, Nate and I might have been sleeping on the floor by now if they didn't arrange and ensured our sleeping areas when we arrived here this evening.

Lost: They even gave up their mattress and transfer here in the attic just to let your two companions sleep while we were discussing subjects such as closure and moving on earlier.

Joms: Honga eh. Astig talaga.

Suddenly, Sad and Blue barged in the attic and disrupted our senti talk to inform us that Jaybeecc decided to sleep in his car instead in one of the available mattresses on the second floor.

Worried about the possible monoxide poisoning from sleeping in an enclosed space, Bronx volunteered to talk to Jaybee since there seems to be some unfinished business between them. He got up and asked Sad and Blue to accompany him to the car but the latter was already exhausted to join Bronx. Fortunately, Genesis was stirred by our commotion and volunteered to accompany Bronx persuade Jaybee to return to the sleeping quarters downstairs.

When the four of them left, Lost and I continued our senti talk. By this time, we can already hear the roosters out-crowing each other in the distance.

Joms: You know what, I think aside from Larry, the guys who really spice up the thread and our GEB are Sad and Blue and Bronxdude.

Lost: How come?

Joms: Hindi ko sure. Basta alam ko, when Sad and Blue and Bronxdude are around, nagiging colorful ang GEB natin. Of course, we all know that Bronx is the master of punchlines. Walang hanging moments pag nandyan siya. Si Sad and Blue naman is the rising star. Bakit ba halos every week eh may bago siyang alias? Tsaka bakit masarap pagkwentuhan ang napaka-controversial niyang buhay? Don't get me wrong, they both rock. Sana nga lang eh sa lahat ng lakad natin eh kasama natin sila palagi.

Lost: Sana nga.

Joms: But In fairness, Sad and Blue is a good singer! Pramis.

Lost: Harsh!

Joms: Anyway, another PExer that I find really interesting is Fitzpatrick.

Lost: Why?

Joms: Remember, the first time I noticed him, he was singing Ever After in a perfect Bonnie Bailey voice? The next time I saw him, he was at the middle of a firestorm with regards to his love problems. That moment, I instantly related to him for reasons that I was also facing then. He's actually a source of inspiration. Although, I think, I still need to reach out to him. He seems to be a person who doesn't trust others easily.

Lost: Gaya mo?

Joms: Hindi naman ah! Medyo distant lang talaga ako in person. Hehe.

Lost: Okay. So who else would you remember after Kim Siong?

Joms: Well, natupad ang isa sa mga main objective ko sa pagpunta dito sa event.

Lost: And that is?

Joms: To get to talk to Square Pants. He's a dermatologist right? I wanted to consult him about my zits. Too bad, he doesn't have a clinic yet.

Lost: Ganun?

Joms: And Pepsiblue's a very dominant guy. He's scary when he's mataray ah! Ganun ba talaga siya?

Lost: You have to consider his love problems. :)

Joms: Honga... Btw, I wish Aizen-Sama, Pronghorn and Simplehiro enjoyed as well, even if they formed their own niche.

Lost: We would find that in the feedbacks.

Joms: Yeah. astig nga eh. Their presence meant that we're not just here for fun, but also to bask in their intellect as well.

Bronxdude returned to the attic. He told us everything he and Jaybee had talked about in the car.

Lost: So may closure na kayo?

Bronx: Anong closure-closure. Nag-usap lang kami about some things. We're alright now.

Joms: Pa-segway lang ha.

Joms: Let's not talk about closure anymore. Noong isang linggo pa yan ah.

Lost: Hehe.

Joms: Thanks... Sayang wala dito si Chino Lim. He's one of the guys I was really hoping to come.

Lost: Honga eh, father's day daw kaya hindi pinayagan ng parents.

Bronx: There would be a next time.

Joms: Pero alam mo, without you Lost, this event will never be a success. From organizing the committees to bringing the stuffs that we would use for the meals. You did it all! I think by now, everybody looks up to you as the leader and I'm so happy that you came into our lives.

Bronx: I agree with Joms.

Joms: This event will be long remembered, not only because people enjoyed the activities but because many of them found a connection in the group. If HB is a star right now, it would be as luminous as the moon in a pitch black sky known as the AP Subforum. Surely, most of them won't be expressive to talk about it, but in their hearts, they know, they found something that they will treasure for life.

Bronx: Comment naman jan Lost.

Joms: Lost....

Lost: Zzzzzzzz

Beating all records, Lostwansoul hadn't slept for the last two days just to prepare for the Kim - Siong post-summer event. Like an energizer bunny, he just kept going and going while most of us were showing signs of exhaustion. Indeed, we were the last men standing, but after an hour of sleep, he was already up, manning the kitchen for breakfast.

---

*conversation happened in real-time. Only the subjects were changed to suit the author's desire for writing the entry.

No comments: