Monday, April 23, 2007

A Footnote ( Just To Let Them Know I Was There)

For whatever its worth, I think it was a good thing that I devoted eight hours of my free time yesterday keeping other people company.

---

I should have used those free hours to get that much needed sleep, but how could I say no to a guy that has been my tropa for seven years?

So, we hanged out in UST from 3 pm to 9 pm while waiting for his sister and mother who were attending a graduation activity in FEU. Another tropa showed up to join us for dinner before going to work that evening. When the two of us were left again, we devoted our entire conversation about how deep and great our barkadahan is. We traced back our beginnings and how the friendship almost never formed after he hinted that he didn't want me for company during the first few weeks of our third year.

Anyway it was a great bonding. I am sure that such surprise meetings will go a long way in strengthening our barkada. It will also reinforce my ties to the straight world since our barkadahan precedes my awakening. Someday, if they find out about me, I think preference will not be a big issue anymore.

But I don't intend to reveal myself yet. They're my last remaining straight ties and I want it to remain as long as I can.

---

The second meeting was an emergency call.

I had to see that person, lest I might end up singing "How To Save A Life" by the Frays.

It was an uneventful and somber meet, but a crucial one for her. She needed someone who would listen and give her advice. She was so devastated by her troubles that I even had to tell her a couple of times not to cry or we might create an embarassing scene at Starbucks.

Whatever her problems were is between us. What's important is that someone was there to give her a little comfort and encouragument.

I just hope that I left her in a much better state than before I arrived.

---

Carry all your thoughts
Across an open field
When flowers gaze at you
They're not the only ones
Who cry when they see you

- Augustana, Boston

No comments: