Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Contact

I've been walking for days but I haven't met any single creature in this place. The guardians are nowhere to be found and I'm getting weary that my mission here would go to waste.

Is the Omniscient One wrong with his vision? I do not feel any dolls' presence around here. Maybe Pulsar was right, everyone disappeared when Grenasia crumbled and its place arose Jomania. If that's the case, I should get ready and leave this realm. There are many other worlds to visit and perhaps, I may find what I'm looking for in those lands.

Anyway, I miss Camhalla, I wish I could go back home.

---

Woops, I bumped into something. What's this? From the looks of it, I think it's an artifact. Lemme take a closer look.

Hmmm..

Nope this is not just an artifact, this is a very ancient toy puzzle. I wonder where it came from? Good thing I know little about Toycheology. I will try to look for inscriptions embedded in this toy.

Bingo! I found it.

According to the inscription this puzzle tortoise has been around for more than 20 thousand years! It was once possessed by a boy who had this penchant for any toy that he can pull with a string.

---

I have visual contact captain. She is indeed someone not from this world. Shall I alert the others of her presence or shall we engage her ourselves? The Falconis is still armed with missiles right?

Let's keep things cool Momoko. I think she is no threat to us. In fact, she might be someone related to Lady Jasmine of the Palace of Eternal Light. Do you still remember her?

A little Captain. It's been ages since we last spoke of her.

Yes. It's because our time is already over. This lady doll down below is the reason why we are here. Her arrival awakened us. My concern now is that others who have been stirred from their eternal sleep will be looking for her as well.

Are you referring to Mumrah and the Starjammers?

Yes and there are many others. I will now send an encrypted message to the base.

For what Captain?

I will seek permission from the council to have first contact. It's been a very long time since we spoke to a doll and I would need the elders' guidance so I can handle things without provoking anyone.

---

This tortoise is one of the few objects that survived the ravages of time. It is a memory upon itself. The boy who owns this puzzle toy is now the Omniscience of Jomania.

And this artifact is all that remains of his earliest childhood.

-tobecontinued-

No comments: