Friday, November 30, 2007

Blood Allegiance (Finality)

Twenty one days after our successful meet-up at Gateway Mall, those of us who showed up converged again to give honor and say our goodbyes to a friend who will return to the land of his work several days from now.

Except for Kiddo, who wasn't allowed by his parents to meet us, those who had been part of the host's life in his brief stay in the country were able to show up and join him for a solemn despedida this afternoon.

Many things had happened since our fateful meet-up at Cubao. The seeds of friendship the bloggers have sowed since their first historic meeting at Enchanted Kingdom last month had already bloomed. Today at Mall Of Asia, we decided to prune it in hopes that it would branch out and prosper while our friend is away and resuming his old life again.

We will wait for his return.

As our blog continues to write new stories, the month of November will always be memorable to us - to me because an avenue of friendship had been opened with the host's arrival. His presence huddled us together and allowed the friendship to grow beyond the confines of our blogspaces.

We are now truly human to one another.

From the Enchanted Kingdom outings, to the lunch-dates and city tours we organized for him. I am sure that the host had a great time being with us. I hope that those cherishing memories would serve as our little and humble pabaon in hopes that those memories would warm him in the cold deserts of Arabia. As memory serves me right, this is the first time he had found true and real friendship in a life we are beginning to accept as part of our fate. We are PLUs and we would remain so, perhaps for the rest of our lives.

I remember Dodong asking me in one of our drinking sessions as to why I still continue to expand my horizons despite the fact that I already belong to an old core group. That time, I had no answer. I was simply basking in his company that all I could think of is the beer, the Eraserheads music and the bonded silence I enjoyed being with him and Roy.

Now that I am able to reflect on his question, I realize that people like us are bound to live alone in this lifetime. In a world still hostile to our existence, the only people we could truly depend on our the ones who grew up with us. Since all PLUs are bound to a single common fate, I decided to expand my horizons and share the lessons I've learned from the collective worlds that have become part of me ever since exploring this non-straight life.

The blogger PLUs need to bond for they are the true keepers of the life we are living.

Sila ang saksi sa drama ng aming bawat buhay.

The winter sun was about to set when DK arrived at our meeting place. He said he overslept on the way to MOA and woke up in Cavite. But we suspect otherwise. He simply overslept at home and that is the reason why he showed up late. Nevertheless, the Blood Allegiance is complete. What's important is that at the most memorable time of our host's life as PLU, we have all gathered to cement a friendship, we hope and dream that will grow and last a lifetime.

"Ako'y natutuwa na sa pagtahak ko sa landas ng 1 PLU, nakilala kita Joms. Sa muling pagkikita."

Maraming salamat bro sa pagbuo mo sa amin. Hanggang sa muli kaibigan. Mamimiss ka namin.

---

How do we remember Mink:

- Ang kanilang bahay kubo at palayan sa Batangas

- Blog Poetry

- Boo

- To Saudi With Love

- Enchanted Kingdom

- "Kuya Ang Gwapo Mo."

- Gripen throwing a set of M2M DVDs while dining at Cafe Ten Titas

- Dorm House Missed Calls

No comments: