Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bunny Interludes Twenty Three

Going to the gym itself is already a test of endurance.

For the past three weeks, work-out has been very erratic. Blame it to my abnormal schedule - at work and also due to some social obligations which I tend to give much focus lately. The temptation of shifting my attention to computer games added to my distraction as well. The result was an extra day set for rest instead of continuously buffing up every other day.

I decided to give myself an extra day of rest because my work-out routine is already suffering from muscle fatigue. I thought that in doing so, I would have an added strength to lift up weights that is almost the same as my body weight. However, it felt like I am not just suffering from muscle fatigue anymore, my mind is already tired of gym after eight months of my presence there.

With no diet to supplement my efforts, I would most likely end being bloated again. Such destiny can only be prevented if I could hold my ground and impose a final resolution regarding my gym burn-out.

I honestly feel very tired of lifting heavy weights.

I am tired of breaking my muscles in order to achieve a physique that I may never have, no matter what I do.

Nevertheless, I have come a long way to achieve this body, which in many ways I could already be proud of. In the long course of chasing the bunnies, I have never dreamed I would this be fit. I can confidently say that my strength had increased significantly even if my weariness often fails me. I may still continuously suffer, not only from fatigue but from work-out failures as well. The temptations to break my efforts may become more intense as the year comes to a close.

But no matter what happens, there is no way I would quit the gym. This is just a phase, which I can overturn in a few weeks time.

I should always recite it as a mantra.

There's too much at stake if I suddenly decide to end this project.

No comments: