Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kaibigang Oso

It was a late afternoon last year. The sun's rays were refracted in one of the older buildings that line the stretch of Quezon Avenue. The play of shadows and light creates a surreal image that led to my thoughts to wander. It was a long day, and I was heading back home to take my much-deserved rest.

I was inside a passenger FX, seated just behind the driver. Since there was no music playing in the vehicle's speakers, the music from my mp3 player was the only melody that I hear. As the FX smoothly made its way towards Espana, the alternative songs that I hum reminds me of how different I am from other PLUs. Instead of raving about Regine or Beyonce, I spoke of Our Lady Peace or Powderfinger. I haven’t met anyone who has the same passion and zest when it comes to my music.

I might never meet one at all.

I gazed at the passing cars opposite our direction and wondered whether someone out there would one day sing to me a Goo Goo Dolls song or a Dishwalla’s. I swear that the moment someone does that, I will kiss that person and thank him for making me realize that I am not alone in my interests.

---

kaibigang oso says:
kakantahan na lang kita..

Mugen | Hakken says:
sige kantahan mo ako

kaibigang oso says:
"wish i could be...every little thing you wanted.."

kaibigang oso says:
"all the time.."

kaibigang oso says:
"ohh!! wish i could be every little thing you wanted...you wanted...all the time.."

kaibigang oso says:
"dont give me up, dont give me up tonight.."

kaibigang oso says:
hehehe u know this for sure

Mugen | Hakken says:
Fuck man!

Mugen | Hakken says:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!


---

This morning, I was talking to a friend in MSN when he suddenly told me that he would sing a song to distract me from my boredom. Since our conversation was candid and naughty all morning, I thought he would just pick a cheesy song he heard from the radio.

I never thought he would sing to me Every Little Thing by Dishwalla.

He never finished the song, for I was sending him confusing and no-sense replies after I figured out the title of what he was singing. He was asking me about my reaction but I could not give him a direct reply.

The conversation went elsewhere, but the song was retained in my head. I never thought he would actually fulfill my wish and what’s so… sweet about it is that he never knew that I kept a promise to myself.

kaibigang oso says:

alis ka na? Beso muna!!


---

I know we are friends and lessons remind me that I shouldn't cross, what should not be crossed. But if I would just be honest with what I feel,

his song moved me.

I could actually give more than what he had asked.

No comments: