Friday, February 20, 2009

The Gisele Bündchen Ipanema Experience

The guys who read my blog regularly know that I'm very bobo when it comes to fashion. I don't even know what Chuck Taylors are or the difference between a Boot Cut and Skinny Jeans. I own a pair of rubber shoes which I bought from Fila three weeks ago at 70% discount. The other footwear I have at my disposal were hand-me-downs from cousins abroad.

I sometimes even walk barefoot at home.

So imagine my surprise when I was invited to this Flip Flops launching event at Le Souffle last night. It's like WOW! I get to dine in a fancy restaurant for FREE, and get to see a runway and fashion show up close without being dragged by the security out of the room.

It's all thanks to Mugenblog, which is somewhat getting more attention lately.

The footwear launching event was a blogger affair attended by prominent Bloggers from around the city. Known as the Ipanema Seeds Collection Launching, the flip flop brand introduces a new line of high-end tsinelas which is promoted, designed and worn by Gisele Bündchen herself. You ask me who Gisele Bündchen is and my immediate answer be "she's a fashion model!" and that's it. But if you ask Miss Lyka Bergen who this fashion model is and I'm sure he will tell you her family history and even the list of brands she modeled for during her entire career.

I don't know much about flip-flops. The ready-to-fling one I have was bought by my mom at the supermarket. I laugh at people who goes gaga over Havaianas, Grendha and Flojos. However, when I was thinking earlier how to set Ipanema apart from the other flip flops in the kikay department, one thing came to mind.


If I can spend my money on footwear, why not spend it on flops that promote the environment?

Yes my dear friends! That is basically the main thrust of the Gisele Bündchen Seeds Collection. The line actually gives part of its earnings to the Haribon Foundation for its drive to restore the dwindling rain forests in the country. Since my advocacy is focused on the environment, I say "bring it on papi!" I don't mind getting an Ipanema this summer for my first attempt to accessorize so long as something good for the planet will come out of my pimping.

So that's it guys. The event is a first for my blog and I hope to feature more brands in the coming entries. Don't be surprised if I start modeling as well. Haha. And before I forget, I have something for sweet pea, who should have been there at the launching with me.



No comments: