Saturday, March 1, 2008

Comforter | Hibernation

My mom surprised me with a comforter last week.

She said that since I complain about the unusually cold spell these past few weeks, might as well buy me something that would keep me warm at night. You see, I have extremely low tolerance for cold temperatures. I easily get the chills and it leaves me lethargic and sickly all day long. It also sours my mood, especially now with gloomy skies that hung overhead.

A few nights ago, I woke up early in the morning shaking violently from the cold. I should blame myself for sleeping half-naked the night before but I really thought I had fever. However, when I felt my hands firmly tucked under the pillows, they were warm and soothing to the skin. What's so strange was that I was already tucked under the blanket yet the freezing air permeated the piece of clothing that protected me from the cold. I laid myself in a fetal position to conserve the remaining heat, but it was useless. My body did not cease to shiver.

Learning from my blunder a few nights ago, I used the comforter for the first time last night.

The comforter was too bulky for my bedding. It was big and I had troubles spreading it out in my bed. However, when I slipped inside it, never did I feel so comfortable under its heavy sheets. It felt like I was inside a shell, safe and hidden from the troubles of the outside world.

I slept soundly last night. Even my dreams of breathtaking sunsets and endless green fields were pretty much better compared to the nightmares I had the previous nights.

The only side effect of sleeping under the comforter however is that it gets more difficult to get up in the afternoon.

I found out that things were pretty much serene under my comforter's warm embrace.

No comments: