Wednesday, March 10, 2004

O' Holy Night

And when they opened the door, I knew, I am home.

That's how I felt when I attended tonight's Contingent. After almost two weeks of absence, I decided to drop by and bond with the group. This evening, I've seen new faces - new people to know and understand and discover. I've met, for the second time the couple that always fascinates me... Zeki and Boccelli in one gathering.

It's been ages since I met these guys. No wonder, I really missed these people. Hugs here, hand waves there, smile here, laugh there. Suddenly, everything seems so new and refreshed. The troubles and conflicts I felt before vanished instantly. You see, these are the only guys I knew... and clung to all these years. I am right when I felt their importance the last time I found myself clubbing in BED. Nothing beats the feeling of being with the people you considered your family.

I really missed a lot of things and it's good to be back.

What really makes this night really special is that there's no booze around. Finally, the policeman can enjoy the perks of being in a reunion without having to worry about people doing things overboard. This Contingent was set to be a karaoke night. Thanks to James' magic mic, I've heard once again how the divas sing with their hearts out. People in the group loved to sing, dance and... sing. I may be a little shy when it comes to singing, but I really appreciate that they are having a good time.

Lui (Sun God), being new to this Contingent, was given the spotlight. People wanted to know this guy. Being his avid blog lurker, I am quite interested to know more about him in person. People laugh, people sing, people talked about one another, and people argued about the importance of monogamy in a relationship. Bes, Topz, Marvin, and I were discussing nipples - guys nipples that is. People were making comparison about their man-nipples. Bes was making fun of Marvin the whole time. The last time I saw them together like this was years ago - when we used to call Quattro our nook.

Henry had a new look, and he looks better now than I saw him weeks ago. The aura of being devastated isn't noticeable at all anymore. I have to thank Elwyn for making him feel better... well even for just a moment. Benchboy... seemed to have found his mate. They look so sweet and promising especially when they told us that they were leaving - together. I hope that what I saw would lead to something better, keep it up dudes and break a leg so that you'll find happiness with each other. You deserve to be loved Bench, and I think this is the right time.

I don't know but Arrjae seemed happy when I saw him tonight. Maybe it's because he had again re-discovered the joys of playing magic cards with Zeki or maybe he met a whammy (cute) guy this week. I'll be in the office tomorrow hopefully to get an update on his life. Hopefully, he too had already recovered from his depression. Meng-Meng, Stolich, and Nathan remain blooming as ever. I don't know if it's in their mood but I've never seen them this joyful and happy as before. Sonny too looks better and more comfortable, it seems that the booze-less night made these people a little bit better than when I see them taken over by alcohol.

---

I could go on and on relating the happy things that happened in this Contingent tonight. Somehow, this no-booze night raised my spirits. This is what I've been looking for in The Outsiders - the pristine Odders I've missed so much. People are having fun, and yet sober. Some people, who are used to SDN (Self-Destruction Nights) would feel a little awkward, and even bored without the usual gin-pom being passed around. But you see, there are moments when it's better to be sober, showing our normal selves rather than drunk with the booze-powered persona controlling our every move. Though we are less free and restrained to do what we want, at least our soberness had shown the untainted side of us tonight.

Before we left, I hugged everyone... to say how much thankful and appreciative I am with these guys, for being here and being my family all this time.

---

I really mean it when I said to Roy that if I hugged him that tight two years ago, kikiligin talaga ako sa kanya...

When I saw in James' eyes how much he love and cherish Koppy's presence in these gatherings, If I had the moolah, I would have sent him to Singapore this week.

When I felt how bonded Topz is in the group, I said to myself. "My solo eb (eye-ball) with him had paid off. I remain the ambassador of whatever PLU group I belong to."

I appreciate Raf-Raf's presence in this contingent tonight. I hope he had fun.

Meng-Meng finally met Kadyot... Kaingget...

---

Till the next booze-less contingent. See you again boys.

No comments: