Monday, March 15, 2004

The Day That Was Monday

I woke up at 12 noon... again. Late for work, I decided not to take a bath, and grab whatever available clothes I have in the closet. I was in such a hurry that I almost forgot to brush my teeth and wash my face, this is what insomnia has done to me, and will continue to do so until I overhaul my lifestyle.

At least, despite my half-day in office, there were a lot of goals I've completed during my brief stay - wrote a press release for HBC, wrote a letter for a client's tie-up with an NGO, deposited my check in the bank, had a chit-chat with my ever-fabulous officemates, had time to think about Arrjae and why he didn't report for work again, and finally inspired our accountant as to how she would write her speech for her elementary's commencement exercise (she's the guest speaker).

What stunned me was that after telling her the tips about what to write in her piece, my words simply backfired.

---

One dilemma I always face whenever I write things is that to whom do I address my piece - such as this? Would it be for me, for my readers? or for an imaginary being out there among the stars? That's why I was quite hesitant at first to show my blog to others - I know that somehow I would need clarification as to whom I would express myself. If only writing could be done easier.

The key to a successful speech does not depend on what you write or how complex your thoughts are... It is how you show your heart to everyone and become human through your human expressions. People are roused by emotions, and when you have finally succeeded in capturing their thoughts and let them emphatize with your words - even a simple hello could become as complex as to saying goodbye.

---

I've been trying to do a Paowikan, but I simply can't match his creativity and zest for life. Truly, people have different styles. I was born to be a very serious and senti writer that's why I can't even put a smile on my posts.

Anyway.

My confrontations with my Bud several days ago paid off. He's more accomodating to me now than three days ago. Looking at his face this evening, his facial features had changed. He became more mature after we became lovers - bigyan daw ba ng sakit ng ulo kaya mukhang tumanda hehe. But seriously, I think I've already molded him the way I wanted to be. Somehow he never felt that I'm already changing him - the way he look at things, the way he expresses himself. This is what growth is all about. I just hope that things will be better for the both of us.

I pray that we'll still grow and prosper in this relationship. Someday, I want to see ourselves in a posh condo, looking at a setting sun over Manila Bay, hugging each other. I want to see us in this relationship growing together, loving each other as the years and months go by.

---

Pangarap kitang makasama habambuhay.


Earth from Mars

The photo of Earth shows the planet as a bright dot above the horizon about an hour before sunrise. The image is not in color, though scientists say if a human stood in the same spot and looked earthward, home would probably appear pale blue.

You are my Earth, Phanks.

No comments: