Friday, March 19, 2004

Postscript from Tonight's Contingent

It's all about human emotions.

A guy renews his bond with another guy, while some other guy closes one of their intimate chapters with another guy. A guy is obsessed with another guy, while a guy receives an affectionate response from the guy he's madly in love with.

Everything revolves around a cycle where everyone had experienced being in the shoes of someone. An observer may see the different facets of homosexual situations while looking at us as one.

That's how we as ODDERs have evolved nowadays. Despite the confusion, tension, cold shudders, and misunderstandings. We still end up closer together. People who avoid talking with each other some weeks ago may find themselves conversing on the topics which separated them apart. It's like the whole recreation process ignites in a single gathering - doors are closed while new doors are being opened. In fact, this whole universe we lived in revolves around itself. Everyone touches each other's lives.

---

It's been several weeks ago when I openly protested about the flood of newbies seen in the contingent. I was crying foul against issues where one is being fished by the other, only to be fished by someone else or one is being harassed after an SDN. Lately, I've been seeing a different picture - the group has come to its senses once again - or I was becoming more open-minded about their display of "intimate friendships". It's like the whole group I've cherished before suddenly comes right in front of me and I missed that group so much.

Paul's birthday celebration was a blast. We have been drunk yet no one self-destructed this morning. The bonding process, where old wounds are being healed, is to be healed and must be healed was discussed tonight. People who have been strangers to me for quite some time suddenly became blood brothers overnight.


Jonas Bagas, a well-known PLU activist graced our contingent. I was in fact joking that one day, The Outsiders may become an arm of his group, Lagablab. We might become a part of a larger PLU community soon - if and ever, our lives would remain as dynamic as it has been today.

Most of us are getting old. I guess it's really time for us to draw whatever common future we will have for the entire Outsiders. The fear of growing alone, abandoned, and hopeless is slowly showing in our consciousness. There's so much to do. Whatever happens, the integrity and morality of the group we have loved and supported and become our sanctuary for many of us must be upheld.

To a brother who fears that I may condemn him if ever he fucks around this time... Don't worry, as long as you'll be man enough to be responsible for the mess you'll create, then I'll support you along the way, if not... well, listen very well to James' advice. I guess his sentiments much reflected my own.

Remember, we're all interconnected here, whatever failures that a brother will have will also directly hit us. We're old enough to choose whatever decision we will make but please... decide with your mind, it may be hard but, avoid listening to your heart. Trust me, it will mislead you both.

---

I'm happy that the newbie is being acknowledged by everyone. Keep it up, everyone's looking up to you. Three attendance, and you're in fact at the heart of the whole group.

---

To you my so-called partner in crime, I'm happy that you enjoyed this evening's gathering. I never saw you that happy before. You even hugged me tight, which you never did to me before. May the cordiality he showed you would be the beginning of a new friendship. All may be lost, but hopefully, you found a new friend in him.

---

And to you, mister buffy guy, thanks for knowing you again. I really cherished having that heart-to-heart discussion with you about your life, your problems, and what you dream of in the future. I hope my enlightenment had shown you the way. Our confrontations set you free.

No comments: