Sunday, March 7, 2004

Uh-Oh

Job Description: Management Staff Executive

Actual Job Field: Personnel Trouble Shooter/Problem Solver/Special Assistant to the Publisher/Vice President

This is how difficult my job is, whenever I work for my dad's company. My decision-making capabilities can change the fate of an employee, or the direction of the business will take. Whenever I talk to young managers like me, who handle their family business, they would always say it's better to be an employee rather than to be an employer with all the powers residing in you.

And we're facing a big inter-department problem right now. Some staff of the editorial department are having trouble dealing with the Finance Manager. It seems like the Finance Manager had some personal vendetta against this department to the point that they had asked me to intervene on their behalf.

I attended their informal meeting this afternoon to personally hear the issues that we will have to discuss at a top-level meeting that I will schedule tomorrow. It seems like this has become a very serious threat to the harmony of the office and whatever outcome we will have from tomorrow's meeting will have a significant effect on how the company system works.

Intrigues always happen in companies - big or small, I may be immune to it but when people start to harbor ill feelings to one another, troubles start to appear.

I just hope I can moderate well the showdown between the managers tomorrow.

... And I think I should buy another of those Chinese Lucky Charms that "sucks" negative energy from people that I found in Chinatown last January.

I gave one of those to the other office and those things really work!

--

I am here in SM Megamall to join my ex-housemates date this evening. It's been eons since I last saw my unica hija, Sealdi. Remembering our housemate days...

Miss ko pa rin yung mga ginagawa namin sa couch kapag wala si James. Heehee.

No comments: