Saturday, March 6, 2004

Planetary State Visits

I woke up at 4 pm and since that time would be very late to accomplish anything (except to meet my bud and discuss again his neverending issues - which actually makes me a more intelligent person), there's nothing more to achieve but spend the day resting and looking forward to the next Friday/Saturday night out.

There's nothing relevant that happened, except that I realized that my blogging experience would already complete my zest for life stories. You see, whenever I wanted to update myself on the happenings of the people around me, I peek into their blogs and read their posts word for word. At least even though I don't make my physical/PExer/YG presence felt, I know when will I make myself appear if ever they would need my help.

Every blogger has a style unique to him. Every posts remains fascinating and somewhat heartwarming. However, not all blogger have the itch to express themselves through writing every day. Most of them would update their blogs once a week. But there are those who share their story on a day to day basis, and for avid reader like me... waiting for their new entry to appear is like looking forward to the next episode of your most favorite anime program.

Here are the 10 most updated (and therefore, most read) blogs among my blogmates:

1. Noli Me Tanggero's Blog - James' blog is one of the most updated among my blogmates. If I really want to take a peek into a bohemian's world and his daily adventures, eto ang pick ko. Medyo hindi ako particular sa writing style ng isang writer pero isa si James sa pinaka-creative sa mga nababasa ko. Way to go kapatid! Keep your stories flowing.

2. Jaguar Lord's Blog - Zeki's blog reminds me of my anime days. Andami dami naming similarities ni Kuya J - from our high-school experience to our interests and the way we see things. (Nakalimutan kong ikwento sayo na dati nung mahilig pa ako sa mga action figures, role-playing rin ang type ko gawin sa mga tau-tauhan ko.) Anyway, if you want a gym-buff/faithful lover/anime and magic cards enthusiasts guy's point of view, check out Zeki's blog.

PS: Audio intro pa lang, astig na!

3, The Overfiend's Journal - Witty, humorous and overly creative, Pao's blog if well advertised, will have a huge following. Kung gaano ka-senti ang blog ko, siya namang ka-kwela ng blog niya. If you really want to read the happy things life can offer through the eyes of a call-center groupie, read Pao's journal. Simple, pero ang lakas ng dating pare.

4. The Offshore Blog - Words coming from a young urbanite sometimes let me imagine things that may only exist in my alternate dreamworld - since his world is far from my own. Beautifully written, with a little aftertaste of a bourgeois guy, the Offshore blog lets you peek into a life of a senior college student and the challenges he faces in the "upper-class" world.

And that's how I see him - sun god, the urbanite knows how to be senti.

5. Econ's Blog - Rebuilding a tattered life. That's how I find Econ's nook located at a safe but not-too-distant corner of blog space. His blog speaks of his little steps toward freeing himself from the pain and destruction brought by his ex-lover's betrayal. Simple in a sense that his blog mostly recounts the day-to-day rebuilding of his life, I'm sure one day, Econspace would bloom into a myriad of expressions that tell how the writer transforms himself to become a better man from his painful experiences.

6. Mrav's Journal - Tells you how a physician tries to become a writer by opening his world through his journal. Simple yet transparently written, his journal tells his experiences of people in the most human way possible. When I really wanted to know the behind-the-picture story about a person in the OUTsiders or in his life, Meng-Meng's journal is a recommended pick.

7. The Carver's House Blog - The blog of the mentor himself. Take a peek into the mind of the guy who is behind the creation of Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah and the characters from the One Night in Purgatory comic book.

Artistically written and powered by limitless creativity. Everything is possible in the world of the Carverhouse.

8. Confessions of a Drama Queen - I never saw Bes' side before. Grabe ah, I've always seen him as the guy who always keeps everything inside but in his blog, he lets everyone take a peek at what's inside his heart. Somehow, I am flattered to see a different and "open" picture of Goonie.

9. Life and Music, Bocelli's Blog - Stylish and trendy are two words that would come to my mind when I describe how I find Francis' nook. From the latest fashion to the hippest piece of furniture (tama ba yung pagkabasa ko?) You'll all find it here, straight from the Fashion Guru's mind, in the world of Life and Music blog.

10. The Salva Vida Journal - The most sought-after journal after Garppp and Zeki (Based on the comments to ha). Thank God Marvin, inupdate mo ang journal mo bago ako makapagpost. Hehehe. Anyway, I have to admit that this is one of the most remarkable journals I find so far. Very boyish. (naks!) his life reminded me of my last days in college and during the first weeks of my wild days. Keep it up dude. Dami mong mga fans ah!

---

James is right. I may have the Journalistic skills and a keen sense of details but my carelessness in grammar and other technicalities hamper my skills in writing. I don't read novels and other literary pieces and that makes me a little boxed when it comes to the way I express my thoughts. Words seem to fly around and I can't stretch my hand enough to reach them.

I should widen my horizons more when it comes to literature - the way I expand my experiences through the stories of others.

I began this post not knowing how would I express myself. I hope my revision made my points clearer.

No comments: