Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Writer's Block One

I don't know what to write...

It seems like the day ended so fast, I forgot the highlights of it.

Ah... wait, I know... I just remembered it now.

---

The year was 2002. Around this time, a person may see me walking along the corridors of St. Raymund's Building having a brief but determined discussion with my profs. Perhaps I was again bargaining for a better deal for my classmates who are about to fail, or compromising for the deadline of submission of academic requirements.

Probably a week before, I have once again informed my very obedient classmates to make up their minds and talk to the profs about their risky subjects. Our faculty harbors a lot of politicking, but we as a batch emerged as united as ever. I was the class president of an entire batch of Journalism students... and sometimes, I even let my VP or the society president take over the affairs of the class, whenever my presence would create a stir for those who envied us.

This afternoon, I paid a surprise visit to one of my classmates. She was one of the kikays of my batch and now, she's working as a writer for the lifestyle section of a national broadsheet.

"Maam (editor) _______, this is my classmate, Jay, he was our class president back in college..."

Whenever my classmates would introduce me, they would always include the word "president" in their introduction. Ganun ba katindi yung impact ko sa kanila before? For all I know, one of my party mates from another major rigged our elections that's why I became the class president during our Third year. There were two times, someone tried to overthrow me and during our class elections when we were in Fourth year, my sole contender was the ABSC Secretary and the presidential candidate of a political party during the previous year.

And I've managed to stay afloat despite all that power and ego struggle, and the thing is, I never felt respected during the whole time I was the president. I even resorted to adapting federal-style class management so that everyone, every leader of a subgroup/faction can have a voice when it comes to the overall class decision-making.

---

Two years had passed, and everyone has a career to be proud of... we have scattered ourselves in every nook and every corner of the media world. In three years, we will produce two lawyers, and in 10 years some of us may become lifestyle editor/publisher.

Nakakatuwang isipin na kahit sa maliit na paraan, I made an impact to these soon to be big-time Journalists. Sharing the distinction with our ever-loving and iron lady Society President... Wow! For a lifetime, someone would call me a president.

---

Everyone from ODDERs kept on talking about Fyro and his "super kilig" love story, while reading their remarks, a smile seems to appear on my face. Hehehe, if the guys only knew, I already had a scoop the first day they met him. Talk about being a Journalist. Hahaha, we're naturally born intrigeros and intrigeras. People wouldn't seem to notice, but sometimes, I'm very keen to get the details of a story - even make speculations about the motives of the story.

Pero shempre, what Fyro shared with me will always remain with me. Naalala ko tuloy yung Newswriting professor namin talking about "salsal," off-the-record interviews and news blackouts. Sheesh, I'm sooo connected to media na pala! I can even get to Malacanang or Congress or other high-security places because of my media contacts there.

I feel the power mga tsong! The downside is, they know me as a straight and the limelight that I may enjoy soon really worries me. But that's another story.

---

So Toinks is into doobie, and I think that inspires him to be a very very good writer. Daya, bakit ganun? When I tried doobie the first time, I ended up having a rough and raunchy and super perverted sex with the one who taught me how to puff that organic thing... weird.

No wonder, the person whom I did SEB (sex eyeball) for the first time asked for a rematch... too bad, we never saw each other again.

---

Roy Parekoy seemed so uncomfortable when people call him bulaklak. Sabagay, when they tried to substitute na-joms for shonga... suddenly, I felt like an outsider in the group. It reminded me of some things from my past life.

I'm sure you'll be reading this. Maybe you should consider stopping calling him bulaklak, no matter how cute and funny the term is. Somehow, he becomes irritated.

---

I just read Meng-Meng's journal... hmmm... he's a better storyteller when in blog than in the thread. Nyeta, mas juicy ata ang mga kwento niya dun ah... Hey, I hope we'll have an awards category for the best blog. Hahaha, meron na akong vote kung ganun.

Keep it up Meng, naks! nagiging avid follower mo na ako ng blog mo.

---

People are complaining about the heat... Well, it's hot, but my body seemed to adapt to it... Ah, wait, yeah, I almost got a fever this evening because of the extreme temperatures I have to deal with today.

Reading the PEx thread... man, I got lost over what's being discussed. Oh well, I'll be able to make habol soon, I guess.

---

... On the other hand, I can relate to what Kenzo is posting. Makijoin nga.

No comments: