Sunday, October 9, 2005

Beacon Of The Outsiders

"Boss table for 15 please..."

If I only knew then that our numbers would have exceeded more than that, I should have asked them to give us an entire area where we could accommodate the attendees.

James' birthday celebration at Quattro last night was a huge success. It was the second time this year everyone managed to show up to celebrate an odder's birthday and at the same time, renew bonds with fellow odders.

As usual, Roy and I arrive first last night. After all, I was part of the organizing "team" Nathan was with his buddy but he invited everyone as well.

Minutes after we have settled down, Arrjae arrived too. Then it was Carlo and RC who came after him.

At this point, the showdown between me and phanks was already brewing. In fact, I never noticed who arrived after them for I was too busy consoling myself and at the same time, shielding my actions against phanks' accusations of betrayal.

Anyway, when the main celebrant and his buddy arrived, the card which was supposed to be a secret was circulated around the table. We should have written a dedication in that card before James and Jonas have arrived.

I forgot what I said there. I think it was a hopeful message about growing old together and seeing each other even if we're a decade older already.

--

Suffice to say, last night's party ensured that nothing have even changed in our group. And the friendship we have began 3 years ago is still as strong as it used to be when Meng Meng is still with us.

Last night, I had a chance to talk to Bes Goonie to update each other's lives. It seems like no matter how busy he had become, the old ties we used to have is still as strong as ever. We have also concluded that as long as Nathan remains the prime organizer, the entire group will have a core in which we can all connect to.

If only Nate knows how his efforts to bridge us all made him one of the central figures of the group...

I guess without his approval. Roy and I won't easily show up. XP (aka Gionna Cabrera) won't show up as well and the whole Liga (ng mga kababaihan ng Odders, which NOW comprises 75% of the group) would never have a fabulous appearance on such events.

---

Indeed, we have grown together and the evolution homo guys normally undertakes has become more evident among us.

But what's important is that we have already 3 years to cherish and remember... so that we won't easily forget one another.

There's no Minsan which I thought before was finally coming into shape.

I'm pretty sure that if we can organize the same number of people on Bes Goonie's birthday,

We can organize our third Christmas Party this year.

---

Koopies,

thanks for making it possible for us to have a get together last night. It was a blast! Until next time. Hope to see you again soon.

No comments: