Saturday, October 22, 2005

Tasteless


A week ago, my hatred for the government was bone deep.

But after what I saw in the news tonight - the scenes of relative harmless policewomen being attacked by raging young male protesters, and acts of heroism and tolerance among the policemen in the face of certain violence, my thoughts about hatred turned against... well, the activists once again.

From what I saw, I believe the government scored big points today. If GMA, in a slight hint of enlightenment scraps her ridiculous exective order barring government offcials from appearing from hearings, as well as the much hated CPR and EVAT.

I'm pretty sure that by next year, she will enjoy a relative calm and peace in ruling this hopeless country.

Filipinos tend to forget easily, that's what history have shown us.

Mama was right. A month ago, the pressure had almost vansihed, until some shithead from the government suggested these 2 controversial policies.

My opinions and sentiments toward the rallyist have drastically changed. Whoever suggested to storm the gates of Malacanang today - hurting other people as a result.

Must be surely out of his mind - A shithead too! Just like some key officials from the government.

Not only did he gave GMA a very nice reasons of enforcing CPR once again,

He just lost the support of sympathizers like me, who just a week ago were already beating up their own war drums to join such massive and peaceful demonstration.

No comments: