Monday, October 31, 2005

The Kabuki Showdown (Part Two)

The party was just heating up yet phanks is already in his climax. He was dancing wildly at one side of the dance floor. In my opinion his grooves was so outrageous (and jologs) that there came a point that I have to distrupt his dancing because he was already close to doing a trance.


Of course he got irritated when I stopped him. He said he was just having fun and wanted to express it through dancing. But since he won't listen to my explanation, I just let him start over again in hopes that he would achieve a trance state when the party is on its climax.

Since I was with my buddy that night, I was already expecting that I would take the role of the supressor. That means I could not dance like I do when I'm alone since I would be looking after my buddy all the time.

You see, the last time I did show my grooves in front of a lover was during my ex's time. We went to Mint that night. And behind my back, he attempted to flirt with some other guys in that bar. It ended in a bitter showdown with buff guys at Orosa that morning. Ever since that incident, I just contented myself by dancing a little while looking after my buddy and those who are interested in becoming his dance partner.

That night, an effeminate guy got interested in Phanks. Since I was dancing at the back then, I simply moved closer to my buddy to show our status to the guy. However, my sudden moves irritated Phanks. He was complaining that I kept on doing a PDA in front of all gay people around us, which really made him uncomfortable.

That's where it all started. In my mind, I simply didn't understand his reasons why we shouldn't show that were lovers when in fact, everyone around us shares the same preference that we have. To my disappointment, I even told XP:

"nagdala pa ako ng buddy eh hindi ko rin naman makakasama... sana pala nagsolo na lang ulit ako gaya ng dati"

XP just patiently listened.

By this time Phanks got me more infuriated. Every time I attempted to get close to him, he would immediately brush me off and tell me that he's cool. The last time he did it to me, I simply backed off behind my friends who were with us.

However when I saw him dancing closely with Sonny, that when things really blew me off. Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't jealous towards them. What really made me loose my temper was the fact that I can't get close to my bud while others can simply dance with him as if they were partners since they are my friends.

I viewed everything as adding insult to the frustrations I've been harboring the entire evening.

Immediately he felt my bitter reactions so he went towards me to dampen my raging emotions. However, the upset already took over my mood especially when I saw too lovers dancing romantically in front of us. No matter how good the music was, the following events lead to total loss of interest to party on my part.

These reactions were also immediately picked up by my buddy. When he noticed that my mood did not change, it began to affect him as well. Soon, his mood turned sour too. In the end, we just stood up at the corner while being cold to one another.

Our friends tried their best to console us both. But Phanks was more unforgiving, he continued to ignore me. I was not in the mood as well so after the mini-halloween costume fashion show, I asked phanks if we could already go home.

It took several tries before he agreed to my request. Immediately, we left Malate without even uttering a single word. Inside the cab, we were extremely cold to one another.

My rage has subsided by the time we arrived home, but his coldness still lingered on even when we're both getting ready to sleep.

-tobecontinued-

No comments: