Monday, October 31, 2005

The Kabuki Showdown (Part One)

"Una ako sayo, andyan pa ang mga officemates ko..."

---

The beginning of the night itself was a tragedy already. It seems like the more I acknowledged my homosexual tendencies because of him, the more he pushes himself inside the closet. The first signs of our meet-up that evening proved to be a bad omen already. But despite that disappointing start-up, I tried to do my best to reverse the sour mood that was building up prior to the party.

We dined at an eatery in front of the Karaoke Bar formerly known as Lafang. Our dinner date was quite pleasant despite the fact that we don't talk that much as we ate our meal. After our brief dinner. I asked my buddy to accompany me inside the Orosa Courtyard to personally see the makeover they did at BED and New York Cafe.

It seems like BED, and the rest of its surroundings was transformed into a fabulous fusioned party place which is now called the Rainbow Project. Of course, we all know that this makeover is a direct response to Club Government's rising popularity lately.

Anyway, back at Nakpil, Phanks asked me to chill out at Lafang since he loves singing in a Karaoke bar very much. Being a good buddy, I just listened and listened to him sing as I drown myself in bottles of beer.

By past 11, he was done singing. We immediately proceeded at Orosa to join the growing crowd of gays gathering at the central tent.

Being a party guy myself. Experience tells me that its proper to wait for groups of people to gather first on the dance floor before one begins to dance. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but along the lines of clubbing, there's an unspoken etiquette that tells everyone to wait for the Dj's climax first before you show your skills in making your grooves.

My buddy is not aware of that... and from the very start of the party, he was already getting hyper even though the DJ was still "heating up" the floor. I told him this etiquette several times but he simply brushes them off, while on every corner other guys began checking him out.

At that moment. I know that I have to be more watchful of my buddy's moves. In fact, I was already showing signs of aggression just to prove to some guy who would dare to approach Phanks that he is my buddy.

That's how possessive I am.

---

Shortly before midnight, XP had arrived.

Indeed, he was surely dressed up for the event and it shows how much he prepared for this year's Black Party - from his very toned down figure, to his fairer and whiter skin thanks to the Pearl Cream he kept on using since last year.

He was really dressed to kill, and whatever he gained during the months after the White Party last June was highlighted in his appearance that night.

And despite all that, my first favor for him was to look after Phanks while I lighted a stick of cigarette I bought at a nearby street vendor.

The party formally commenced by midnight. Roy, as well as Sonny also had arrived.

One thing that everyone looks forward to during the Halloween Party are the costumes donned by some of the most fabulous gays ever to strut around Orosa.

I swear, even if you are straight, you would be awed at how creative and innovative these people are in order to show themselves.

This year, there were guys who appeared as "Pink Sisters" (Nuns) and they surrounded this Pontiff that wore Pink Tunic (or whatever you call the garment worn by bishops and cardinals). That night they gave free condoms which in turn, I gave to XP since I know that he will be using one that night.

There was also this big guy who wore a black Queen Amidala costume. If I could remember it right, he wore the same kind of costume in white during this year's White Party.

Other notable figures that night were the guy who wore a very big headress in gold. The guy who dyed his hair white, and wears a white tunic that made him looked like a ghost who haunts Orosa for being not so gay that night.

These are the icons that graced this year's Black Party in Malate.

-tobecontinued-

No comments: