Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New World Order

The office party was a huge success.

Although, some of my co-shift colleagues were a no-show tonight, I got the opportunity to hang-out and know my colleagues from the two other shifts.

Aside from that, I got to bond with my boss again, which two weeks ago was completely ignoring me. It seems like my professional overhaul is reaping its fruits already.

However, it was a bittersweet party. My original hang-out buddies (the gay people) have already settled elsewhere after their account was abruptly terminated by our foreign clients. They lost their job in the process. That sudden and drastic shift alone left me the only out-gay guy in the office. The only ones left are the lesbians who seemed to be increasing in numbers this past few weeks.

Those guys who were hired were mostly straight who talks about girls and men's stuff all the time.

And its hard to fit in, despite the fact that my interest (except girls of course) is almost the same as theirs.

Good thing, most of them are from the afternoon shift. The party we held tonight somehow thawed the relationships between me and them.

I got the chance to be cordial with them and not in my usual snub, distant appearance.

---

Even my relationship with Rica Paralejo eases up a bit.

We never really talked tonight, even if we have a chance to. But at least, I was relatively warm at him. There were no pleasantries, like I used to show him when I was just starting. Yet I know in my heart that I was cool with him when I saw him this evening.

I'm sure that by tomorrow, everything would be different. The party allowed me to have new friends and yosi buddies after my shift had ended.

I also got to know some of the people I usually see during the change-shifts but never got the chance to talk to them.

It also ensured me a place in the company. I'm not a black sheep anymore. Even my boss said this evening that I am a good worker, whatever it means.

I hope better things will come our way. I've heard that there are new projects coming before the year ends. We would even have some new trainees in the next few weeks.

Too bad, the morning shift have to go home early for we have a duty tomorrow at 6 am. Now I'm pretty sure that this is just a warm up of the better and bigger parties to come.

I just hope that when it comes, everyone of us who remained are still intact.

and you know what I realized again?

No company I've worked before has ever gone close to this...

Indeed I am home.

No comments: